ASTON VILLA CARABAO CUP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can get through with the first 11, given Villa will be playing a full youth side.

Why would they be playing a youth side?

They were 5 up by Hibs and Luiz, Kamara, Pau Torres, Konsa and Bailey all started the home leg.

I think other issue is Luton at home follows this game on the Saturday so I really can't see Dyche putting out a full team when he knows for his own future that's the far more important game. He loses that and he's done for regardless of what's happening in the league cup.

Why would they be playing a youth side?

They were 5 up by Hibs and Luiz, Kamara, Pau Torres, Konsa and Bailey all started the home leg.

I think other issue is Luton at home follows this game on the Saturday so I really can't see Dyche putting out a full team when he knows for his own future that's the far more important game. He loses that and he's done for regardless of what's happening in the league cup.
I think you are right, as much as we want to win cup games I dont think theres a chance he takes a chance on Luton, an absolute must win match for a team that has been reeling.

That walking relegation machine started the last cup game, absolutely no reason to think he wont start the next one. Dyche will take any and every opportunity to get his boy back in the team if he can.

Yep he's pretty much 3rd choice so all it takes is an injury/suspension and he'll be straight back in.

One thing Lampard got right from this point last year was effectively bumping him down to 6th choice CB but since then all of Holgate, Mina and Coady have gone and let's be honest Godfrey is pretty much same standard in the games he plays now, a walking error in his own right.

Status
Not open for further replies.