Aston Villa 1-3 Everton. 25th August @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope we really stuff these. I still feel bad about the loss of the League Cup in the Sseventies. Went to all 3 games of course. Cost me my entire record collection a the time. Had to sell it all to a thieveing second hand record store neaar Hamilton Square in Birkenhead. the final loss was too much to bear. Over the seasons they have done nothing to change my views other than being one of the nicer Subbuteo team kits if kept in the box.
So i would ask for a goal for each of the games in that League cup final.
0-3 (Jelavic, Felli, Pienaar).
But this is Everton so no doubt its a 0-0.

Looking through their arl photos I found this very unfortunate mascot they once had too. I left this one out.

Aston-Villa-mascot-Darkie.jpg

Ahhhh the good old days when racism wasn't even a word in the English language.

I fancy us to win this if we
1. keep the ball on the ground and out pla them
2. the players remember beating united was only 3 points and it will all seem less impressive if they lose the following game to villa.

I actually wore them exact boots that Roy Keane is wearing in that picture. Really . Fact.

Wore them for about 2 weeks during an FAI football academy i done when i was 18/19.

Done nothing for me. Still ****e.

Good time to catch Villa, new defence, main stalwart (Dunne) out and need to win their first home game after poor showing against West Ham. I don't agree with the comment above re: if we don't score in the first 20 minutes, surely it's vice versa, if they don't score / start well their fans will get on their back and the more likely they are to succumb to the pressure / make mistakes etc.

Bloody firewall at work prevents me accessing some sites but according to betinfo @ 22/8 Distin and Jeli are injured / doubtful, if they are absent, Heitinga in for Distin (though I don't think Heit / Jags combo is our best) but who for Jeli ?

Even if Jeli and Distin are out I think that we are still too strong for them .. and expect the Pienaar / Baines axel to really kick-in this weekend.

So i'm going through my fantasy team to confirm it for the coming week and Jelavic seems to have picked up a groin injury, they have him listed at 50% chance of playing. Anyone heard anything about this??

So i'm going through my fantasy team to confirm it for the coming week and Jelavic seems to have picked up a groin injury, they have him listed at 50% chance of playing. Anyone heard anything about this??

Quoted as having a tight groin......apparently...did come off on Monday...Also Distin has a sore back...

This might sound a bit optimistic, and ive only checked the first four fixtures, but I think we will top of the league after our first four games. 3-1 against Villa, 2-1 against West Brom and 1-0 against Newcastle!

I don't know why but i'm worried about this one, just like Everton to bring us crashing back to earth and Villa have something to prove after losing to West Ham.

But...

Villa 1(Bent)
Everton 2 (Jelavic & Fellaini)

Lol at the BBC 'match preview' here.

Love the in-depth preview bit about Everton.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19304226

:lol:

This is literally all it says about us in the preview part:

That his first home test will be against Everton does seem untimely following the events at Goodison Park on Monday night but with the visitors' confidence soaring and Lambert's determination to quickly win over his new followers, everything does seem set for an enthralling contest.

Hilarious!

Status
Not open for further replies.