Homepage Update: Assessing the Initial Start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear Oh dear. A tautology is defined as "use of words that needlessly or pointlessly say the same thing". Get it? If you do not grasp that, they do run English classes in most neighbourhoods. Try one, and you are less likely to make a fool of yourself.

Google is just amazing. Makes dicks even seem to have faux intelligence.

Defensive worries aside, we look brighter up front so I'm not overly down about the start. Would have liked to have 8-10 points instead of 6, but we're unbeaten at least

You feel like we're one big win away from really kicking the season off. I'm not sure where that big win is coming from though, unless Arsenal have a mare when we play them at the end of September and Richarlison tears em a new one

I personal think that... More tautology. It is far more common in speech because we all get careless when we express ourselves verbally. Tautology is or should be far less common in the written form because it looks worse and is a waste of ink or time typing it. So, to return again to tautology, another example.lol

Assessing the initial start? Surely we can do these articles around Christmas? Not end of August!

Thats a fair point mate. The title was thrown together quickly. It's just meant as a first look at Silva's Everton. I'm sure there will be pieces towards the end of the calendar year comparing this which will have more validity as there is a bigger sample size.

Lads spent more time debating tautology and other crap than the actual footballing issues in the article
The chap is knowledgeable about the footballing aspect and never claimed to be an English professor
However I’m sure @catcherintherye is more than capable of defending himself against some keyboard warriors

Very promising signs so far with mixed results. The majority of the players Silva is using are the same players that couldn’t manage a shot on target for whole games at a time last season. Once we start seeing more of the new signings playing and settled we should see some improvements. I’m quite excited by the potential of this team.

Lads spent more time debating tautology and other crap than the actual footballing issues in the article
The chap is knowledgeable about the footballing aspect and never claimed to be an English professor
However I’m sure @catcherintherye is more than capable of defending himself against some keyboard warriors

It all adds to the debate mate, everyone's opinion is welcome! It is not a great title to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.