2021/22 Asmir Begovic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think not much he could've done for all 3 goals. Yes, he could've done a little bit better (especially the 2nd goal) but even then, it might not mean he would've prevented all 3 goals. All 3 goals were defensive errors.

I do hope your not being serious?
First goal I thought his positioning was a little suspect. Communication for the second goal - think he should have claimed it and then it was straight at him. Third was also straight at him. Not saying he would have saved all of them, but I think he could have done better...

Did well for the point blank shot in the first half.

I dont think he can be blamed for the Digne OG and the 3rd was just an extremely powerful strike by Bailey.

However, hes definitely not the same keeper as he was 10 years ago.
I think Pickford gets a hand on the first and third. Yes they were hit hard, but he can see them easily. Really poor both went straight through him

To me a very bad buy, we should have promoted the under 23 keeper into his role he played one full game last season & never let us down, & saved money & scouted a younger replacement for the under 23s - we seem hooked on signing old players....

I think Pickford gets a hand on the first and third. Yes they were hit hard, but he can see them easily. Really poor both went straight through him

I think the Bailey strike would have beaten anyone, it was a thunderbolt. Of course, Pickford is Englands 1st choice and Begovic is a backup keeper so Im judging him as a backup overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.