2023/24 Ashley Young

The good old Everton Retirement home FC

OIG4.U3FaXhQFa9WqazNF2jvN
That team bus crash into the TNT factory really had a tale to tell huh...

Do you watch Everton matches?
Enough matches to know we have a really good defence this season, of which he is an integral part. Have you noticed that bit?

Young isn't great as an individual, that's obvious. I just don't go for the knee jerk, jump on a fellas back because he effed up. I haven't counted who has effed up the most times which have lead to goals this season, that's why I asked wtte ' Is there a stat?'

I do know we have had a solid defensive unit for most of the season. Could it be improved with better, dare I say, better, younger players? Of course. Have we got the money or clout to buy them players? That remains to be seen. Probably not is my guess.
He is literally the weakest link in a solid defensive unit.
I don't disagree. But the last three words are the the most important. He's an integral part of that unit and it is disingenuous for anyone to say otherwise.

Enough matches to know we have a really good defence this season, of which he is an integral part. Have you noticed that bit?

Young isn't great as an individual, that's obvious. I just don't go for the knee jerk, jump on a fellas back because he effed up. I haven't counted who has effed up the most times which have lead to goals this season, that's why I asked wtte ' Is there a stat?'

I do know we have had a solid defensive unit for most of the season. Could it be improved with better, dare I say, better, younger players? Of course. Have we got the money or clout to buy them players? That remains to be seen. Probably not is my guess.

I don't disagree. But the last three words are the the most important. He's an integral part of that unit and it is disingenuous for anyone to say otherwise.

Hm I dunno. Maybe he brings some leadership and organisational qualities which aren't really tangible, but having watched him all season, I'd argue we have a solid defensive unit in spite of Ashley Young. He's had more bad games than good and the mistakes he's made this season - both the quality and the type - have been really concerning. I'm worried about having him - another year older - play as many games next season as he's played this season.

3 mistakes leading directly to goals.
1 penalty conceded.
1 own goal.
1 red card.

No one else comes close. A couple with 1 error and 1 pen (Keane, tarks), and Coleman with 1 own goal and 1 error.
He also should have given away 1 definate pen vs forest.

Ashley Young, who will be 39 in a couple of weeks, featured for the entirety of the contest, but looked sluggish throughout, with his age certainly catching up with him in recent outings.

He made the error which led to the Gunners’ winner, with Young finishing the contest with just 18 passes completed at a completion rate of a measly 55%.
So let's extend his contract FGS.....