2023/24 Ashley Young

….the whole of the back four were excellent but I just got the impression a few were tiring and that often leads to breaks in concentration. Young was fine until that mistake which let his teammates and fans down so badly but I wonder if he could’ve come off 10mins earlier.

He will continue to cost us and be a weak link next season, he absolutely should not be getting a new deal regardless of our situation. Playing a finished 39 year old sends the exact wrong message down the pyramid of the club, what would young player would want to come here (or extend their deal) when you'll be sat behind the likes of him? I'd be insulted personally.

Exact same as Phil Neville. Had a great career but has been indulged by loyal manager for far too long and now is so far gone he can't keep up with the speed of matches anymore, even against lesswr sides. It's sad viewing to know these are the last memories fans will have of him.

Dyche, for all the good he's unargubaly done, definitely deserves supporter's stick regarding this.