2023/24 Ashley Young

How many goals has Patterson been responsible for when he's got game time?
He had a nightmare against Brighton 18 months ago! (expunged those demons in the 5-1 may i add)

I can think off the top of my head about 3 or 4 goals that Young or Coleman have been directly responsible for!

Coleman literally chested a cross into his own net under no pressure to lose us a game the other week. But he’s the safe option over Patterson who might occasionally wander too far past the half way line.

Really not been great but think people lose their heads a little bit over Young - we paid buttons for him and he's been okayish for what we are (fighting relegation) whilst we continue to try and cut costs. A good stop gap whilst we try and find a replacement for the injury prone, inexperienced Patterson next year. Players like Young are part of the "medicine" unfortunately.

Really not been great but think people lose their heads a little bit over Young - we paid buttons for him and he's been okayish for what we are (fighting relegation) whilst we continue to try and cut costs. A good stop gap whilst we try and find a replacement for the injury prone, inexperienced Patterson next year. Players like Young are part of the "medicine" unfortunately.

No he hasn’t.

Why? When the older player contributes absolutely nothing positive apart from standing where the manager asks him to stand, you’d pick him just because he’s old?

Young costs us more goals than Patterson has ever cost us, by virtue of the fact we’re basically a man down when he plays.

How many goals has Patterson been responsible for when he's got game time?
He had a nightmare against Brighton 18 months ago! (expunged those demons in the 5-1 may i add)

I can think off the top of my head about 3 or 4 goals that Young or Coleman have been directly responsible for!
Honestly, the arguments against Patterson are comical, if the alternatives had been ripping it up there’s nothing to be said, but we’ve been exposed time and again on the right whoever has played there, but as they are older and listen they get the nod. Pattersons the only one with an assist isn’t he ffs?!

Cba with it anymore, it will be young if he’s fit, then Godfrey, especially as Patterson is injured, and as the majority seem to want.

To be fair to Young (a misnomer if ever there was one) he’s kept himself in brilliant shape, has been a consummate professional in a pretty good career, and worryingly is probably the fittest player in the squad.
Wouldn’t be my first choice starter but he certainly wouldn’t be the last on my list in this squad to be honest.