2023/24 Ashley Young

the long and short of it is he has cost us points in matches, multiple times. with our position in the league the whole "fool me once...." should have applied. instead our manager "trusts" a player that has failed on the pitch time and time again.

I don't care, even slightly, what a player does in training. if they can't or won't produce on the pitch when it matters, nothing else matters.

Average EPL goals conceded with Sir Ashley in the team is 0.92. If only we could put away the chances at the other end of the pitch to build on the solid base this legend of football gives us.

the long and short of it is he has cost us points in matches, multiple times. with our position in the league the whole "fool me once...." should have applied. instead our manager "trusts" a player that has failed on the pitch time and time again.

I don't care, even slightly, what a player does in training. if they can't or won't produce on the pitch when it matters, nothing else matters.

Absolute crackers. Young is head and shoulders our best right back of late and who's available. Was arguably man of the match at the weekend. He has class. Trust the manager and coaching staff.

….up against an in-form Gordon next.

I can see seamus coming back for the barcodes. In which case it's all golden. Young could contain him fine if needed though.