2023/24 Ashley Young

Seriously though, if this means we redirect whatever meagre resources we have to other priority areas im Kool and the gang with it.

I think he did very well in the final third of the season, influence was worth it.
Agreed
and 5 months ago I'd have kicked him into orbit
Yes I'm fickle :)

Ashley Young is doing stuff on the radio for the euros. He sounds a bit awkward.
Then there's Andros Townsend who is actually quite good on air and Ashley Williams who is bad.
Osman, Lineker even Rooney are now broadcasters too. I wonder if there's a club with more former players on the media.

Ashley Young is doing stuff on the radio for the euros. He sounds a bit awkward.
Then there's Andros Townsend who is actually quite good on air and Ashley Williams who is bad.
Osman, Lineker even Rooney are now broadcasters too. I wonder if there's a club with more former players on the media.
Is that a tongue in cheek, rhetorical question because you already know of one big, red broadcasting academy across the park?

SKY SPORTS​

Key pundits: Gary Neville (Manchester United), Jamie Carragher (Liverpool), Graeme Souness (Liverpool/Middlesbrough), Jamie Redknapp (Liverpool/Tottenham), Alex Scott (Arsenal), Alan Smith (Arsenal/Leicester)

BT SPORT​

Key pundits: Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United/West Ham), Paul Scholes (Manchester United), Chris Sutton (Norwich/Blackburn), Owen Hargreaves (Manchester United), Harry Redknapp (West Ham/Tottenham/Bournemouth/ Portsmouth), Robbie Savage (Leicester/Derby), Michael Owen (Liverpool), Glenn Hoddle (Tottenham/Chelsea), Steve McManaman (Liverpool), Richard Dunne (Manchester City)

BBC​

Key pundits: Alan Shearer (Newcastle/Blackburn/Southampton), Martin Keown (Arsenal/Everton/Aston Villa), Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham/Newcastle), Danny Murphy (Liverpool/Fulham), Ian Wright (Arsenal/Crystal Palace), Phil Neville (Manchester United/Everton), Mark Lawrenson (Liverpool/Brighton), Dion Dublin (Aston Villa/Coventry), Eni Aluko (Chelsea)

ITV​

Key pundits: Roy Keane (Manchester United/Nottingham Forest), Lee Dixon (Arsenal), Ian Wright (Arsenal/Crystal Palace), Slaven Bilic (West Ham)

FINAL SCORE​

Liverpool still have the majority of key pundits on the box - but due to the rise of Sky and the sheer amount of live games now shown the spread of pundits has become more even.

It is no surprise perhaps that four of the big six clubs occupy the top four places, but it is also intriguing to see the last three Premier League champions only have roughly two regular faces appearing on our screens.

And that is at best. No side has been more successful in the Premier League than Manchester City in this decade, yet the current champions only have one standout name among the pundits that can be considered a City expert.

Maybe that will change once the years of success rack up at the Etihad Stadium, and the stars from these teams retire. But for now it's England's two most successful clubs historically that are best represented on the TV screen.

Could probably put a media XI together. Might be our best chance of avoiding another relegation scrap next year