2023/24 Ashley Young

Yep, he's in the top end club.

Main point I'm trying to say is that we shouldn't be plucking names like Modric, Ronaldo etc and put Young in the same breath

Young is 8-9 years past his prime. Coleman is 6-7 years past his prime. Yet there we were today with that
But I expected more of Young tbf. Obviously him not being that fast anymore, but still a usable player as he was at Villa when he got a lot of game time in a CL form team in 2nd half last season.

I thought he was a good signing given that. Also for leadership, mentality and experience as a mentor for Patterson and Mykolenko. Played right and left side in his career.

But I expected more of Young tbf. Obviously him not being that fast anymore, but still a usable player as he was at Villa when he got a lot of game time in a CL form team in 2nd half last season.

I thought he was a good signing given that. Also for leadership, mentality and experience as a mentor for Patterson and Mykolenko.

Agreed mate, I thought he'd be a squad filler and offer a bit of experience.

What I didn't expect was for Dyche to give him 4,765 games and play him in every position except goalkeeper.

Agreed mate, I thought he'd be a squad filler and offer a bit of experience.

What I didn't expect was for Dyche to give him 4,765 games and play him in every position except goalkeeper.
Yeah the sad thing is RM is a pretty low standard this season here, he didn't even do worse than Harrison. Could try Patterson there, Danjuma is injured too, would be a shout too, but also didn't play this position a lot.

His legs don’t work anymore and he is a complete liability.

Rather have 10 men , at least then you don’t get loured into a false sense of that the job he has been given is actually being done

If he was a magician on the ball or put in pin point crosses, you could understand it. But we might as well play Harrison. At least he can run. Ok, he can't beat the first man with a cross, but Young consistently puts the ball too long or straight at the keeper and has to hang back because otherwise he'll be out of position. Baffling selection

Lots of moans and groans but he got applauded off the pitch yesterday, probably because of the effort he put in. Of the players currently fit, he's our best right winger.

Worst player on the park yesterday. Shouldn’t even be on the bench.
I agree he was crap, but there again Harrison has been every bit as bad in virtually every game he's played all season. So there very well might be a bit of that going on as well, which nobody can really say anything against.

We have no other options out wide. Three terrible players - McNeil, Harrison Young - and two of them have to play.

Wouldn't be averse to Harrison playing LW against Chelsea and McNeil benched.

I agree he was crap, but there again Harrison has been every bit as bad in virtually every game he's played all season. So there very well might be a bit of that going on as well, which nobody can really say anything against.

We have no other options out wide. Three terrible players - McNeil, Harrison Young - and two of them have to play.

Wouldn't be averse to Harrison playing LW against Chelsea and McNeil benched.
Harrison has 3 goals and 3 assists. McNeil has 2 goals and 5 assists. He is not a better option than either of them. If his performance level is similar, then they are better options as at least their is occasional end product.

Young has 0 goals and 0 assists. And has made 87 crosses this season. You can argue he has mainly played full back, but even Patterson who is apparently god awful has 2 assists.

Young, has something to offer, but that should be coming on as a sub later in the game. Which would be usual for someone his age at this level.

Last edited: