2018/19 Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
He scored 3 times for us? I can only remember the winner v Arsenal and the equaliser against Lyon, what was the third?

It's like that dark cloud above us is starting to break up and rays of sunshine are breaking through, Marcel is slowly but surely ridding us of the stench of utter failure

It’s genuinely amazing how had our recruitment has been. Hopefully this is the start of continuous smart recruitment and following a path Spurs followed of taking advantage every season of weakness in the top 6 to get European football and keep building. Keeps your rivals outside of Europe and allows you better players. If someone had said ten years ago that Arsenal and United would have numerous seasons outside the CL in a row then no one would have believed it. Spurs and Liverpool hired good managers and recruited well though. There’s no reason we can’t do the same.

Don’t know if It was his inevitably big wages we’d have given him making him too comfortable, if age hit him like a freight train or if he was just crap but he was an atrocious player for us.

At the time I thought he was a good signing honestly, No nonsense experienced defender doesn't mess about with the ball at the back, I thought he was a decent player for Swansea tbh clearly turned out to be utter garbage, The amount of penalties he gave away is an utter disgrace.
Signed him too late obviously

At the time I thought he was a good signing honestly, No nonsense experienced defender doesn't mess about with the ball at the back, I thought he was a decent player for Swansea tbh clearly turned out to be utter garbage, The amount of penalties he gave away is an utter disgrace.
Signed him too late obviously
It was all good till he turned up for preseason 8 months pregnant.
Both of these. We saw him boss it at international level. He seemed like the antidote to stones thinking he was beagrie in his own penalty area, but I think he got his big move and went on the lash for a few weeks, which at his age and with his limitations was never going to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.