Cahill or Arteta

• Cahill

Votes: 166 73.5%
  • Arteta

Votes: 60 26.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arteta was the better footballer, but Cahill is the only player whose name I've ever had put on a shirt. He "got" Everton totally and probably made a greater contribution during his time at the club, so it's Cahill for me.

Arteta was a truly special player from '06-'08 though, easily one of the best in the league. Tough one to call, really.

Hard choice as I loved them both, but Arteta remains my favourite player to have played in an Everton shirt. He gave us his best years, then moved for a last pay day and a chance to play in the CL (also winning two FA cups). Can't blame him for that really.

Tim all day. Not the most technical but fearless and would give his all for 90minutes. Sad to see the decline in levels in his last few seasons.

The poll is flawed really. Seems many voting with who they love more rather than who was the better player.

Voted Mikel as he was clearly the better player but that's just how I interpreted it. I prefer Cahill infinitely. I love him to bits.

The poll is flawed really. Seems many voting with who they love more rather than who was the better player
As with most of these versus polls mate.

Although I have to say I'm glad common sense prevailed in one in particular, where Kanchelskis won his by a mile.

The poll is flawed really. Seems many voting with who they love more rather than who was the better player.

Voted Mikel as he was clearly the better player but that's just how I interpreted it. I prefer Cahill infinitely. I love him to bits.

Fair point.

But can you not vote for who YOU "prefer" in every poll?

Irrespective of what makes you vote one way or the other?

For me it's Arteta in both respects, but I guess that's just one vote.

arteta was the classier player but i'd have tim every time, never hid, scrapped for every ball, would run through birck walls for you and had that goalscoring knack

Status
Not open for further replies.