Arteta pledges his future to Everton and snubs interest from City and Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welton Toffee

Player Valuation: £40m
Arteta pledges his future to Everton and snubs interest from City and Arsenal | Mail Online

Mikel Arteta has shot down claims that he could be heading for Manchester City or Arsenal and pledged his future to Everton.

article-0-0092CAB700000578-752_468x448.jpg

Happy at Goodison: Mikel Arteta says he is not thinking about leaving Everton

City and Arsenal have been linked with £12million bids for the midfielder but Arteta said: 'It would never be easy for me to leave Everton. It's not something I'm thinking about, because I've got three years left on my contract and I've been treated well here.'

More...

Everton's hopes of landing Fiorentina striker Giampaolo Pazzini on loan have been dashed by an injury to Adrian Mutu which means Pazzini must remain with the Serie A side.

Let's be honest.

Where we ever really worried?

I give the lad some credit. He has been saying for the last couple of years about his pledge of loyalty to the club.

Best way to make him leave is never to listen to him.

Good find though Welts all the same.

His comment saying 'It would never be easy for me to leave Everton', does concern me. He has'nt really said anything to say 'I pledge my future to Everton'!

His comment saying 'It would never be easy for me to leave Everton', does concern me. He has'nt really said anything to say 'I pledge my future to Everton'!

Yes he has steevie. many times. Like when he signed a new contract, and when he keeps refuting constant news reports.

He loves the club and fans. I've said this in another thread that he'd only leave if the quality of football dropped for him and the team.

He believes its improving and is now enjoying his footy in his new position. If we dont build on this (again) in the summer, bring in some more quality (which is not always about price at the end of the day) - he'll be with us a long time.

I also said if he plays a stormer in the derby he'll get a international call up IMO.

He loves the club and fans. I've said this in another thread that he'd only leave if the quality of football dropped for him and the team.

He believes its improving and is now enjoying his footy in his new position. If we dont build on this (again) in the summer, bring in some more quality (which is not always about price at the end of the day) - he'll be with us a long time.

I also said if he plays a stormer in the derby he'll get a international call up IMO.

I am amazed he has'nt yet been capped for Spain. I know they have some quality players but when on form, Arteta is just as good if not better than Fabregas etc.

I am amazed he has'nt yet been capped for Spain. I know they have some quality players but when on form, Arteta is just as good if not better than Fabregas etc.

Its because he plays for us and the rest of the spanish side play for teams either in spain or "big" clubs around the world. If Riera can get back into the Spanish side after playing 4 games for the [Poor language removed] when he couldnt do it at his old club just reinforces that to me. Arteta's age maybe might come into question as time ticks on.

On the wing he doesnt have the pace but in the centre of midfield he can do the job Fabregas (who I'm sure they put on the left wing in some games) and Alonso etc can do.

With Alonso, Fabregas, Vicente, Guti, Senna & De la Red all injured at the moment and Arteta in his best form for years, wouldn't be at all surprised to see him called up for the match against England - in fact, I'd be surprised if he's not called up.

Makes more sense to include him for that match anyways as he's been in England longer than any of the other Spanish regulars and is performing immensely well as of late and could slot in easily into most of the above names' positions.

Then it's up to him to perform and keep his spot, he'd be happy (happier) to stay put and it'd give our own image a bit of a shot in the arm at the same time.

Lescott, Jagielka & Baines vs. Arteta on the cards?!...

I didnt know they were all injured. He's in with a shout then. I'd love it if he did get the call up which rolled on to regular call ups - it'd give him a massive boost (and the clubs profile hehe).

When's the friendly?

The friendly's on the 11th of Feb, so he's clearly in with a shout if he plays well the next few matches - they're all against the big boys that the Spain coach will surely be keeping an eye on as well...

Haven't there been some claims that this may be because Arteta's Basque?

Regarding doubts over his statement :
'It would never be easy for me to leave Everton. It's not something I'm thinking about, because I've got three years left on my contract and I've been treated well here.'

He's a Spanish footballer on contract to a club a long way from home, not a nun taking (lifetime and beyond) vows. It's unrealistic to expect him to act any way other than in his own best interests. Clearly at the moment it's in his best interests to stay but I wouldn't blame him for wanting to leave if a top Spanish club offered us top dollar.

Note : obviously the "footballer on contract not Nun taking vows" analogy doesn't always apply . For example in the case of the spawn of satan who publicly vowed "once a blue always a blue" before accepting the devil's shilling and consequently will burn in hell for all of eternity.

If Mikey asked me and he really wanted it, i would bum him, till he begged me to stop, infact if i ever meet him, i dont think i will take no for an answer. I just hope he would do a reach around. :(

But i think he loves the club, his only worry is getting overlooked for Spain, but lets face it, you wouldnt be too pissed off if some1 kept picking Xavi, Fabergas, Inestia before you.

If Mikey asked me and he really wanted it, i would bum him, till he begged me to stop, infact if i ever meet him, i dont think i will take no for an answer. I just hope he would do a reach around. :(

But i think he loves the club, his only worry is getting overlooked for Spain, but lets face it, you wouldnt be too pissed off if some1 kept picking Xavi, Fabergas, Inestia before you.

you'd be a lot more pissed off deciding to stay at a club that supported you in order to earn a place in the Spain squad -

- only for some sexed up everton fan to come up and forcefully bum you.

Status
Not open for further replies.