Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I'd be edgy and vote for Isaac Price, because he may never have the chance again. Colour me shocked to find he's got 42% of the vote lol

The game? We weren't expected to get anything there so no surprises. Nice to see Tom Davies back, and DCL looking more like his old self. Hopefully we'll be looking more like a premier league side next season. Onwards and upwards Blues.

Didn't see this match due to work, I'm only mildly disappointed and still fairly happy, anyone else feel the same.

Not happy at all just relieved really

I’m not happy about anything this season and that went for Thursday night too

Just pure relief

Just one thing that's bothering me. Davies was booked for a "dive", but realistically he had the choice of diving over the Arsenal player's legs or running full pelt into them and, potentially, injuring both of them. So are referees looking to book players for perceived "simulation" rather than being realistic and just continuing with play. Instead of this he awarded Arsenal a free kick for nothing. Of course it's possible he was trying to win a free kick by deception, but as the referee wasn't deceived, and Arsenal got possession in any case, why the card and free kick. I'm just confused by the way the rules are interpreted.

Relief and delight on Thursday.

Back to the same old same old on Sunday.

We won’t tolerate results like todays next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.