Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute nonsense, there might be something in it if we were playing close to our first team but we’re not, we’ve given nine probable starters the day off, we’re not beating arsenal with our B team and nobody cares except you.
I never said I thought we should win.

I'd love to lose 8-0 if it was because we tried and got smashed. We chose not to try.

If we lose badly today, on positive note this gives Lampard good reason to clear out the deadwoods

I thought maybe we could start. I'm not expecting us to be good next season. However the evidence of almost half a season of Frank is we'll be here again next year which is not great imo.

I get it, he's going to make signings. But I just don't know how much impact they can have as I don't know how much money we actually have.

At some point we have to decide to do things the right way.
You're talking to the wrong person, im an enteral optimist with regards Everton.

2 or 3 signings and I firmly believe we can win the league.

We've won our last three matches against Arsenal.
I did say away and one was a win, Leno own goal but look how long it was before that, it looks like that away win was a one off. Also it was when there was no fans in the ground, that helped us last season in a few games.

The game doesn't matter obviously but I think once the arsenal players realize their fate is sealed during half time I think they'll be vulnerable

You're talking to the wrong person, im an enteral optimist with regards Everton.

2 or 3 signings and I firmly believe we can win the league.
It's funny because once upon a time I believe that too.

Now I think we're 2 or 3 years away from finishing 8th again.

Richy and others are injured or knackered what's the point in a meaningless game for us?
There’s a certain amount of pride in not getting absolutely molested, as well as the fact that a win could have taken us one place higher with the extra cash that comes with that.

Lampard has overseen some great results so far and he’s done the first and most important job he was brought in to do, but he’s also made some pretty cowardly calls and I think this is one.

Status
Not open for further replies.