Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clinical finishing and clutch goalkeeping the difference. Big loss. we were much better with Bernard and Gomes.

Thought we deserved a draw.

Carlo knows how to change it though. We were second best in the first half and much better as an attacking force in the second. Just a shame. CA is limited with that squad but agree totally that having Bernard and Andre on the pitch made us much better. Defeat is hard to take

Missed chances are poor defending again cost us but im definately on team carlo cant wait to see Us next season have him here for the long term

Overall Arsenal had that extra bit of quality. Thing is, I see Arsenal pushing on an getting better. Will probably not get a better chance to win there.

Rookie manager - check
Questionable lineup - check
In mixed form while we are in great form - check
Three points - no check

Looked a bit fitter, but dont forget Arsenal would have been tired from midweek by that point.

Also its the sports science/medical teams who set out the fitness plans etc. Wouldn't be down to Silva.
Wasn’t saying it was silva but he does look like he’s lost a fair bit of weight. An half the arsenal squad didn’t play he made 6 changes from what it said at the start

season after that, where we were awful and probably should have been relegated until we beat Newcastle and then scraped enough points to stay up playing aimless Tikki-Crappa footbal l

I had no real issue with Martinez trying to play football. He never went to Barca style extremes.

The issues for me were;

1. Too stubborn to change when needed.
2. An emphasis on trying to get players to play a way those individuals couldn't play.
3. Poor quality of recruitment.

I've no issue with if you have composed defenders, play out, by all means. He just would never stray from it, which is okay when you have City's players but when you had McCarthy who isn't a good footballer, and barry, who is clever but had no pace.

We probably will beat United, just like we did last season when it doesn’t matter and we have nothing to play for.

This problem goes back years - everytime we have an opportunity to make a leap we bottle it.

Wigan semi final, Liverpool semi final, Man City semi final, reading in the cup, countless games against the top 6 in the league. The only game that mattered in recent years that we actually turned up for was the 3v0 win v arsenal in Martinez first season...and we still went on to mess it up against palace.

Just so bloody frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.