Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been going aways for a few years now and I dont think I’ve seen us ever win at arsenal must be ages since a win there?
I was sat in the North bank. Think we won 2-1 kanchelskis scored so must have been 1996ish. Think Stuart got the other one. I went mental. Luckily I was only 17 so just got a few comments and told to shut up. Don't think we won away to them since

Just realized that Arsenal have only 6 wins out of 26 matches. Granted, they have only lost 6, but only the two teams at the bottom of the table have less wins.

Didn't realise this. That's good news for us really. Especially as they are really going for the EL this season as only way into CL for them
Just noticed they have Newcastle and Olympiakos before us. We will be their third game inside a week. Golden opportunity to start this run of games right and get the confidence up even more. Come on Everton.

This will be a test for us hopefully we'll be able to get over this voodoo we seem to have when going to these kinds of sides, we were very unlucky not to win in 2010, only a jammy goal from Rosicky denied us a win. However this is Everton, some fella who hasn't scored in ages will probably give them a winner after we've outplayed them.

The only time I saw Everton at Arsenal we lost 4-0. That was in October 1970 and we'd already realised that the great 1969/70 team had mysteriously
fallen apart. We might be at the beginning of an era of strength and this match is a chance to show us if we could be.

It'll be interesting to see how this goes in the middle because their midfield is pretty crap too and despite that they'll want to pass the ball around like we also will. An old fashioned midfield crap off. Hopefully we can get direct at the right times and score a few here. It is a winnable fixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.