Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think enough time has passed to admit that he's not good enough

Even more disturbing that we let Long go. We should have given him a new contract and promised that he'd be below only Lukaku in the striking pecking order

Now he's gone and Kone is the drizzling. I don't blame him for leaving either. Imagine being told you're behind Kone in the gaffers plans!

Don't think we had any say in Long going Mikey as he was offered a contract. Not easy to say to a player you are definitely understudy to Lukaku. What happens if he had signed and then plays all pre season and doesn't hit the back of the net? Pressure would be on Martinez to go out and buy another experienced striker.

Not disagreeing that I would have preferred Long to be ahead of Kone but I think Long obviously wanted first team togger, something we couldn't give him at this stage.

Don't think we had any say in Long going Mikey as he was offered a contract. Not easy to say to a player you are definitely understudy to Lukaku. What happens if he had signed and then plays all pre season and doesn't hit the back of the net? Pressure would be on Martinez to go out and buy another experienced striker.

Not disagreeing that I would have preferred Long to be ahead of Kone but I think Long obviously wanted first team togger, something we couldn't give him at this stage.

Lots of pressure on him to ditch Kone and he's still here

Martinez doesn't care about what the fan base thinks. He makes his mind up and that's that

He won't, much as it pains me to say

Literally ALL the striking options would have to be out before Martinez would do that

We would have kept Long if we'd cared about phasing Kone out. Even if we do get another striker in, Kone will stay. Jobs for the boys

Are you on drugs?

Lots of pressure on him to ditch Kone and he's still here

Martinez doesn't care about what the fan base thinks. He makes his mind up and that's that

That's the job of a manager though isn't it mate, they live and die by their decisions and it either works or it doesn't. Time will tell if he's right in his method but I do believe imo he's going to come under severe pressure if he doesn't get things clicking and moving in a positive direction early doors.

That's the job of a manager though isn't it mate, they live and die by their decisions and it either works or it doesn't. Time will tell if he's right in his method but I do believe imo he's going to come under severe pressure if he doesn't get things clicking and moving in a positive direction early doors.

But your point was that he couldn't have promised Long a regular back up role because of fan pressure. My point is that he could give two craps about fan pressure, so your point in turn doesn't make sense

But your point was that he couldn't have promised Long a regular back up role because of fan pressure. My point is that he could give two craps about fan pressure, so your point in turn doesn't make sense

I wasn't saying he couldn't promise Long a role because of fan pressure. What I was saying was it would take a brave man to give Long assurances that he's back up to Lukaku and if Long didn't hit the ground running pre season Martinez would be under pressure to bring someone else in.

My original point wasn't about Martinez not giving Long game time, I was stating that it would have been nigh on impossible for him to gaurentee Long that he would be back up, hence Long left to find 1st team togger

I wasn't saying he couldn't promise Long a role because of fan pressure. What I was saying was it would take a brave man to give Long assurances that he's back up to Lukaku and if Long didn't hit the ground running pre season Martinez would be under pressure to bring someone else in.

My original point wasn't about Martinez not giving Long game time, I was stating that it would have been nigh on impossible for him to gaurentee Long that he would be back up, hence Long left to find 1st team togger

He wouldn't need to be brave at all

Kone is awful and Long isn't

At worst, it'd be a lateral move

I remember looking at the pitch today and realising that we had a front 4 of Naismith, Osman, Cleverley and Kone. That is, at the absolute best, Championship standard

Status
Not open for further replies.