2023/24 Arnaut Danjuma

It’s basically all Pep Guardiola does
gary-neville-gary-neville-shocked.gif

I’m explaining to you why he found so much space. It has little to do with him finding the space, and more to do with us pushing 4 forward and Spurs keeping their fullbacks tucked in.

Harrison would have had that same space as well if we had made those changes. And probably would have done nothing with it as well.

He’s not going to find that much space against other clubs.
So why when we where 2-0 down and 2-1 down didn't Harrison or McNeil find the space that Danjuma found so easily. This is when Spurs where defending the lead

I think he has talent mate and I think that was the game for him, Spurs play a notorius high line and we also went two up top, which gave him acres - you aren’t getting that space in other games, with that space and opportunity he was was wasteful, I can see why he’s not in the team.
I can understand why he doesn't get picked too. He's not exactly a work horse. And is not dangerous enough to be a luxury player.

I think he does have decent enough close control to do some damage against deep defences as well though. Might have some uses in the future.

He was anti threat in that game. Would've been 2-2 had he not botched a 3v2

No one else can make that happen either though. His decision making isn’t the best. Guess what? Coach your players. It’s on Dyche to get more out of him too.
Dyche is leaving him on the bench for a reason. Id imagine if what he was saying to him was going through, then Danjuma makes that pass. Anyway, he will be binned off for a player who can take instructions.

Great cameo from him today. What he offers is raw pace and unexpected skill when we are chasing a game. Perfect to bring on from the bench.

He obviously wanted to make a name for himself today and its easy to say why didn’t he pass after the event.