2023/24 Arnaut Danjuma

Dyche likes players of a certain ilk: they’ve got to be determined, work hard and give their all. I haven’t seen that when he has occasionally played.

If he isn’t showing it in training either, it’s likely the reason why Dyche isn’t considering him. Dobbin coming on before him just set off the alarm bells.

Not sure it was a Dyche signing.

More a case of he was on the radar last January and it should've happened then so probably Thelwell and others stayed in contact and once there was no further interest from Spurs he was there to sign.

Also remember how bleak it looked in pre season? DCL was being nursed through so there was no prospect then of him starting 5-6 games in a row as thankfully he is capable of doing. Beto deal was taking ages to sort out and only happened in the last week of window. McNeil also got injured at Stoke and missed the first month of the season.

It was needs must but now everyone is fit in final third and staying fit it does feel a bit of the waste for the player.

Seasons are long though and just when a settled team is doing well someone usually gets injured so he will have to remain patient.

It might be. Tbh I was thinking generally re an alternative loan perhaps even in a different position that might be of more benefit to the squad.

Danjuma could still come good and be of value at some point. He got the goal in the cup and at Shef Utd.

Thinking hypothetically just.

Think you might've stumbled upon his big chance.

The cup game at Palace. It will be after the busy xmas period so there will be rotation for that game especially if there's a league cup SF the next week.

That's his chance to be a more regular player for second half of the season.

Or Dyche might give him the Simms treatment and give him a random start v Spurs or Man. City.

He’s a luxury player isn’t he. I don’t think Dyche fancies that. I think the idea is, you chase, you close down, you keep your position and get back in shape. Wouldn’t surprise me if we bin his loan off in Jan.
I think he's just more forward-minded than luxury.

If Calvert lewin was injured I think you'd see a lot more of him

He's just not a midfielder, and definitely not a Dyche midfielder

I’d only expect him on when we’re down a goal late in matches, or a spate of injuries. We just haven’t had that scenario much lately.

He’s a luxury player isn’t he. I don’t think Dyche fancies that. I think the idea is, you chase, you close down, you keep your position and get back in shape. Wouldn’t surprise me if we bin his loan off in Jan.
Can we do that?
Thought it's a lock for the season, barring extenuating circumstances.

Question about him in press conference yesterday and maybe ending his loan in Jan. Unless we have injury's i cannot see him getting much time.
He won't be culled in January no matter what. If he had some kind of attitude problem he wouldn't be getting in the squad, but he is.

One injury and he's right back in the thinking.

He's not very good though.