2023/24 Arnaut Danjuma

Danjumas recent interview. 'We want to be at the point where we kill games off.' Is this a joke?

Why wasn't he at that point in the first half against Sheffield Utd.

Everton again being reactive not proactive

Doucs is playing number 10 as long as Dyche is here I’m afraid.
Think he'd be a great option off the bench when we're chasing. His energy/effort is his biggest asset. But think of the goals we could've scored having someone with a modicum of composure when they get on the ball in the positions he finds himself in...He's like an energetic puppy. It's adorable, but you know he's going to fall on his face because he can't quite control himself.

What a hilarious read this thread is from the start of Saturday's game to now.

This is a guy who has come to a relegation-threatened, low on confidence Everton with his tail between his legs after January's situation. Obviously nervous and with a burning desire to impress and win over the fans due to what happened, so clearly trying hard to impact games (arguably being a little selfish due to that desire which is completely understandable when you think about it logically).

This is a guy who, in his last proper season (as last season was a write-off for him), got 10 goals in 3 assists in 23 games in La Liga, and got 6 goals in 1 assist in a single Champions League campaign for a club well below the standards of the best European teams. Let me explain that for the ones in the back: in his last proper season, playing for an average club, he virtually put up Ronaldo / Mbappe / Lewandowski type numbers in the Champions League.

But, apparently, this is a guy whom, 4 games into his Everton career, coming off the back of a limited pre-season on top of very little football last season, with the manager clearly articulating over multiple weeks that he is not yet fit (let alone match fit), is deemed by some on here as "CRAP", "hopeless", "a waste of a loan spot", "not good enough", "not fit to lace Kevin Mirallas' boots" etc etc.

Oh, and as it happens, in those 4 games, he has scored 2 goals, one of which was the winning goal in a Cup tie, and the other goal rescuing a vital point in a virtual relegation 6 pointer away from home. So yeah he's the team's leading scorer this season lol

I really, REALLY think that a lot of people on here need to take a second, and by a second I mean take a good few months, before making up your mind that a new signing to effectively a new league with a new manager and system, in a team low on confidence, is rubbish.

When McNeill and Harrison are both back, Danjuma could play behind Beto and do a good job.
We need options in that 10 role. We were hopeless when Doucoure was suspended at the end of last season with nobody to really step in. Danjuma can definately cause problems for opposition in that role.