2023/24 Arnaut Danjuma

He reminds of an old fashioned wide striker.

Good movement in and around the box and scores goals. The downside is he is a bit of a liability when playing deeper. Should have also got his head up when we had the overload.
He comes alive around the box which I like but he looks a bit lethargic at times. Just think he has some quality about him and that’s something we have missed. Onwards and upwards for him hopefully.

Both him and Beto look like hit and miss players to me. Not sure it’s going to be enough in our position.
That's why they signed for us and not the likes of Brighton, Spurs, Newcastle etc. We will have to endure the inconsistencies these players bring, but at least they bring something which is more than Maupay, Iwobi n co did.

He reminds of an old fashioned wide striker.

Good movement in and around the box and scores goals. The downside is he is a bit of a liability when playing deeper. Should have also got his head up when we had the overload.

…yep, they want to get on the end of things just like Richarlison when he played wide. Absolutely agree about playing deeper, a few lazy misplaced passes and not particularly a runner in possession until he’s in the top third, Iwobi has that over him.

…yep, they want to get on the end of things just like Richarlison when he played wide. Absolutely agree about playing deeper, a few lazy misplaced passes and not particularly a runner in possession until he’s in the top third, Iwobi has that over him.

He thinks of goals though. And you can never have enough of them, particularly with our difficulties.

Strangely Doucoure has a nack of getting scruffy goals too.

But think Danjuma will score a few. Maybe not always look the best player, but in and around the box and he knows what hes doing.

I love the way he attacks the space on a cross unlike every other winger we have who would sit on the edge of the box for a cutback or clearance, men in the box is important. Love that he knew he’d scored before he even slid in for it and was seemingly celebrating before it hit the net, bit of arrogance is nice to see given that he seems a nice guy and a bit of a joker too

I like him. Least he actually runs at people and tries to make things happen. Sure it won't always work but it's better than passing backwards or sideways all the time. Plus he has goals in him.

Back post runs from the opposite wide player should be an absolute given, but often isn’t for us. Beto/Dom will occupy centre backs, Doucoure seems to be charged with arriving in the box. Only takes a full back to ball watch for 2 seconds and it’s tap-ins if the crosses are good.

Not sure how easy it’s going to be to persuade him to sprint back into shape every single time we lose the ball with no exceptions, which Dyche implies is what we need as our full backs are gash. Missed more good chances than he has taken so far, and missed a number of chances to assist. But clearly thinks goals first which is totally fine. We are definitely not defending our way to glory this season, going to need him, McNeil and Doucoure to all score regularly on top of what our strikers deliver.

Nice for him and Beto to put in good performances and get the crowd onside quickly. It’s boring cheering on a team when you hate all of the players.

So far the impression I get with him if he’s time to think about a shot on goal he will most likely miss but if it’s first time he will be sound. That’s just my early inpression. Seen a post say about his link you play which I agree with like.