Are you raising your kid to be a blue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
....went the match last week with my son, loved seeing him stand to Z Cars and feel what I felt growing up. He's 28 now and suffers like us all but I wouldn't want it any other way. My daughter works away but is a true Blue, I'm more than chuffed at the people they are.

I didn't raise them to be Blue, they chose to be Blue and it's wonderful.

As you know I live in North east. Other half is a NUFC fan. I'm at least 3rd generation Evertonian. When he was about 4, my now 23 year old son said "I want to be an Evertonian like you Mum" I nearly cried, bought him a top next time I was in Liverpool and he has been ever since. We go to the match together when we can. It's great. Our next trip to Goodison is the derby match. Oh dear.....

I've two grown up daughters... eldest never showed any interest in sport.
In complete contrast, my youngest played hockey, netball and rugby competitively at school and despite me taking her to Goodison and elsewhere she never showed any real inclination towards footie.
Then one day, the stars and planets aligned and the Evertonian in her genes came racing to the surface, and we've enjoyed lots of good days and sadly, too many disappointing ones following the Blues together.
Leaving Wembley after losing the 2009 cup final and her crying equally made me proud and broke my heart.

My lads 32 but have a grandson who has been a few times but i think he prefers not to.He walks round in a full red Polish kit though with me walking behind telling everyone its not Liverpools kit its Polands

Status
Not open for further replies.