Are you expecting an incoming transfer record this Summer?

Well?

• Yes

Votes: 97 72.4%
  • No

Votes: 18 13.4%
  • #welcomeaxel

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I don't understand the question

Votes: 10 7.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 28206

There is a nervous atmosphere on the Everton forum at the moment, kids are off school and seeing FIFA players with mid 70's scores as acceptable potential.

Those a bit older will know and perhaps expect £30m+ being spent in the next few weeks, do you think it will happen?

There is a nervous atmosphere on the Everton forum at the moment, kids are off school and seeing FIFA players with mid 70's scores as acceptable potential.

Those a bit older will know and perhaps expect £30m+ being spent in the next few weeks, do you think it will happen?

No Bry Bry and the Funky Bry.

Yes.

It's an age when Watford have turned down a £25M bid for Troy Deeney and a £38M bid for Odion Ighalo.

We should have kept Hibbert and Osman, they'd be worth about 5m to someone these days...

It'll be really, really hard to buy anyone good enough to improve the first team squad without breaking it I think! Which is absolutely crazy when you think about the sums being thrown around.

But on balance, yes - if Mosh is serious about building a team to challenge for Europe this season, it's basically a must. Unless Steve Walsh has god-like powers and can build a second title challenging team in as many seasons without spending more than....err.....what is the record? £30m? £35m? Whatever it is, anyway.

With the talk of marquee signings earlier in the summer, I'd be slightly surprised if we do not break the £28m we had to outlay for Romelu.

Nevertheless, all the talk of players such as Mata, Witsel and Carvalho have all been reportedly less than this price so I wonder who it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.