Are you a still a football fan or solely an Evertonian these days?

Happy to acknowledge his innovations and tactical nous, but using versatile players in different roles is nothing new.

The issue for me is whether it is the best football we have ever seen, and as you say that is very subjective. I simply don't think this is the best football I have ever seen in this country. I feel I have been just as entertained by other great teams of the past, and obviously we can't know how this City team might have fared against them.

They didn't exactly cover themselves in glory for the Luton goals last night, and that vulnerability is not a one-off, which is why there is still a high chance that Liverpool or Arsenal could pip them to the league title.

Just caling it "versatile" is slightly doing him a diservice tbh.

He has rocked up here, and done what everyone said he couldn't, broke and smashed records, and yet still little caveats are used, like you have just done with Luton game last night.

So the bets teams now dont concede goals ? and only ever win the league ?
He has won 5 out of 6 leagues, and won 2 trebles. 😂

I find great difficulty in not watching Palace, so I do. As one of my sons and my grandson are Blues I will watch those games when they are on and I will be rooting for them unless it's against Palace. I hate the Premier League match day experience which is expensive and repressive.
I go to non league games a lot and watch Kingstonian, Bath City and Aldershot quite regularly. It really is a much better experience and is akin to going to football in the 60's, which was when I started.
Football is eating itself. There is far too much of it and the absolute blabberkrap that is spouted all day every day about it by ex players, ex managers and ex humans, ITK journo's peddling the Big 6 mantra and the relentless banter/giggling that accompanies every broadcast slot does my head in.

Going to about 90% of the Bilbao matches as I live in Spain and started supporting them during the Kendall time, but don't remember him very much. Nowadays, not in the ultra stand, but in the family corner mostly with my sons, but barely go to away matches these days. Other than that, I mostly follow PL or La Liga. Sometimes European cups, when time.

Just caling it "versatile" is slightly doing him a diservice tbh.

He has rocked up here, and done what everyone said he couldn't, broke and smashed records, and yet still little caveats are used, like you have just done with Luton game last night.

So the bets teams now dont concede goals ? and only ever win the league ?
He has won 5 out of 6 leagues, and won 2 trebles. 😂
His achievements are a matter of record and I don't seek to diminish them in any way, but I don't think their defensive vulnerability is a little caveat. A stronger side than Luton might have made things uncomfortable for them. I always feel that that they are more likely than Liverpool to have an occasional hiccup against a lesser team.

Nor do I think I am doing him a disservice regarding his use of versatile players. Stones is a great player, but I don't think he is necessarily a great centre back - his self-confidence can catch him out as we have seen for club and country. I think Pep has recognised that and is playing him to his strengths.

We also have to acknowledge that his resources are practically limitless as far as the PL is concerned, so he has the luxury of getting exactly the right players for his vision. The best resourced clubs are generally the most successful.

Going off football all together really, I’d rather watch a good film, be with family or go the gym these days because

The standard of refs/VAR

The media are so disingenuous and the sheer arrogant in your face attitude they go about it too, stopped subscribing and buying newspapers

The borderline obsession with style of play and in particular trying to emulate Pep at Man City

The lack of characters & charm from players/managers

The “big six” clan

What is happening and has happened at our club over the years with board and some of the fans

Too much money involved which has made clubs and teams happily settle for where they are as they earn a substantial income anyway. It’s not a competition anymore.

Phones everywhere, cameras instead of letting go and enjoying the moment but that’s more to do with society really

I can barely bring myself to watch Everton to be honest and other matches I don’t bother at all, the enthusiasm has been taken from me especially after what has gone on here

Trapattoni and O'Neill did well to get limited teams into both Euro 2012 and Euro 2016 respectively imo.

We weren't exactly effing Brazil 1970 under Big Jack either! That Euro 2012 tournament under Trap was embarrassing though!
Every international tournament is heaving with limited teams, they were both happy to draw big wages relative to our country size etc yet still spent their time effectively slating their own squads. We all know we no longer have a Keane, Duff etc. Miserable gits the two of them

I like to watch a few English teams but they have to have something like an Ex player, or someone exciting involved. Can’t watch City as it’s the most boring type of football I’ve seen since ticcy taccy Barca/Spain. Only watch England at major tournaments and dont watch CL either.

Always just been an Everton fan. Never supported a national team but would watch international football if Everton players were playing. Ireland, Wales, Australia, US etc
Pretty much the same. Everton only, but watch some international stuff if we’ve got anyone playing.
The interest has just gone now, all European top leagues seem manipulated for the same teams to be successful every season. Bored with it all. The greed has eaten itself.