Are you a still a football fan or solely an Evertonian these days?

Everton always but go to all Wales away games as there’s a party at every game, which we’re usually unlikely to win.

Been going to Goodison since the 70’s so saw all the good times including Rotterdam.

Anyone else nowadays, yes Citeh and Arsenal, bent as Citeh are, their footy is tip top. Arsenal not far behind,

I just wish we hadn’t blown our chance to be amongst them.

Everton. I follow a handful of other clubs in leagues around the world, but it's not the same.

The closest would be FC St. Pauli, who were actually my first club and led me indirectly to Everton. They're a lot more fun to follow at the moment as they're dominating the 2. Bundesliga and seem certain to be promoted (6 pts. clear of the next team and a +21 goal differential). But still it's Everton all the way.

Everton I am all in

Playing football is the highlight of my week

Ireland my interest was killed under Trapattoni and despite formerly regular going to home games when I lived back home and the odd away, I’m ashamed to admit I barely watch and haven’t been able to get the enthusiasm back

Barça I’ve given the season ticket up while they are in the temp stadium and only watch about half the games. I lost interest when despite a supposed financial meltdown they were still signing players they shouldn’t be able to afford instead of what I thought might happen which was a reset and loads of youngsters thrown in. The local fans including mates do my head in as they still demand the club compete at the top, whinging about the manager despite winning a title the club had no right to be winning given the mess they are in.

Both clubs great examples of the utter mess the sport is in

General football, I watch maybe a handful of games a year. Bit of City to see if they will win and reduce the other lots chances of the league. Then just other odd random games

When I think of the future of the sport I think that I might some day see a great Everton side again or see another player reach somewhere close to the level of a Messi…but that the general state of the game will make it a non event

Somebody suggested I start going to see CE Europa who play in the fourth tier of Spanish football. Easy to get in, can have a beer and it’s supposed to be a good watch and a good laugh. Might start that up soon

I love football. I love watching a game from the pitchside.

Watching on TV... I watch just about every Everton game but, for many reasons, it's not much fun. All this FFP nonsense has really dampened it. I'll watch other EPL games but that's more out of habit. I'm enjoying watching some lower league football too.

We are just into pre-season here and its great. I've seen one U17 friendly and one senior team friendly. All my 3 boys played in that and I hosted a post game BBQ for the team. It was a good game, played well, lots of banter and talk about the game. Football, pure and simple, at it's best.

It's hard enough watching Everton let alone anyone else! Everton foremost, Premier League second. I used to enjoy watching the European cup games but they are so boring now. I enjoyed the days when it wasn't so dominated by English clubs, when a team like Galatasaraay could tear one of the best teams apart like Man Utd. Watching Man Utd in Europe in the 90's was enjoyable, I felt they found their match a lot of the time and it was never easy for them.
It's not so easy for Utd now.

(I know you mean as the best of the Prem)

Pretty much only Everton. The actual game of football doesn't entertain me now, unless it's one of the very top performers
who play a skillful, attacking style of football. This 500 sideways and backwards passes bores me witless, even when Everton do it.

The coverage here in Melbourne is terrible. I used to record and watch every Premier League match and you could speed up 4 times
or more and still follow the match, and stop and replay when something happened. They changed it 2 years ago and now there's no fast or slow motion.

I can still watch every match next day, but I just watch the highlights now, except Everton.

Another problem is that we seem to have the same teams coming up and down from the championship now.

The likes of Norwich City and Sheffield United are a pity. Clubs like them seem to be just happy enough to go up and take the PL tv rights money, and then go back down again without barely raising a whimper.

Just going up to be cannon fodder for the rest of the PL seems to be good enough for those clubs.

I like watching good football. I hate watching Everton these days due to our situation, but if I didn't watch it I'd only be refreshing a website every 10 seconds.

Football has gone - the beautiful game the golden era whether it was the Matthews final, 1966 or English clubs dominance of Europe in the 70s/80s.
It has been totally monetized by Sky and others and now we are in an era of the perpetual media gaslighting of subscribers and customers that #football has never been better - come on join the fun etc, etc.

Everton I am all in

Playing football is the highlight of my week

Ireland my interest was killed under Trapattoni and despite formerly regular going to home games when I lived back home and the odd away, I’m ashamed to admit I barely watch and haven’t been able to get the enthusiasm back

Barça I’ve given the season ticket up while they are in the temp stadium and only watch about half the games. I lost interest when despite a supposed financial meltdown they were still signing players they shouldn’t be able to afford instead of what I thought might happen which was a reset and loads of youngsters thrown in. The local fans including mates do my head in as they still demand the club compete at the top, whinging about the manager despite winning a title the club had no right to be winning given the mess they are in.

Both clubs great examples of the utter mess the sport is in

General football, I watch maybe a handful of games a year. Bit of City to see if they will win and reduce the other lots chances of the league. Then just other odd random games

When I think of the future of the sport I think that I might some day see a great Everton side again or see another player reach somewhere close to the level of a Messi…but that the general state of the game will make it a non event

Somebody suggested I start going to see CE Europa who play in the fourth tier of Spanish football. Easy to get in, can have a beer and it’s supposed to be a good watch and a good laugh. Might start that up soon
Oh man, Trap was a nightmare. O Neil not much better. Every press conference taliking about what we no longer have compared to our better eras :rant:

I’m an Evertonian and always will be. The people who know me, need no introduction to my passion for the club I’ve been totally committed to for 56 years. I’ve been attending since 1968, a STH since 1977, even at the age of 63, i still attend every game home & away. I do attend non league and Scottish football when we’re not playing (Saturday) and enjoy that much more. When we move to BMD, I’ll be taking my foot off the gas a little for reasons that I don’t enjoy the PL anymore for reasons fans on the forum have already stated. The top flight has been ruined by TV & greed.

Another televised fixture in south west London on a Monday night (April 15th) where fans are expected to inconvenience themselves for the love of their club. Chelsea at home to Everton? It’s a fixture which has no appeal whatsoever. It only
matters to both sets of fans, yet the TV boadcasters don’t look at it that way. The hierarchy at the clubs are as guilty for signing these TV agreements without consideration for the fans. A representative of fans from all clubs should be consulted when these decisions are made. We NEED a voice so our clubs really know how we feel. Our football was always a working man’s game when fans worked all week to look forward to their blow out on a Saturday afternoon. I speak for many when I say; “We want our game back “
Shove your hospitality and all that goes with it up your arses, bring back the game that meant something to the public, the word LOVE. The fans were more important many years ago who were appreciatived and respected. Today, we’re just TV extras.

Love to watch foreign football, seems much more pure and about the actualy footy on the pitch.

Watch some semi-pro.

*Can't stand watching prem, its a WWE-like farce.

*I do enjoy watching City - the best football we have ever had in this country, just best on mute.

I enjoyed last night's games, flicking between the two. F.a Cup always been a favourite of mine
I will have had my Season ticket for 50 years next season, am going nowhere else on match day at Goodison

Everton always but go to all Wales away games as there’s a party at every game, which we’re usually unlikely to win.

Been going to Goodison since the 70’s so saw all the good times including Rotterdam.

Anyone else nowadays, yes Citeh and Arsenal, bent as Citeh are, their footy is tip top. Arsenal not far behind,

I just wish we hadn’t blown our chance to be amongst them.
I love a Wales away game - they have a fans team as well, played against Latvian fans last year - great crack.

In the light of no Everton European games it fills the void of visiting random eastern European cities nicely!

Everton - CBA with most of it now, FIFA are a dreadful organisation, UEFA and PL almost as bad nowadays.

Whole thing is a corporate investment nowadays.

I guess there might be some value watching the more 'local' (not globalised) teams.