Are you a still a football fan or solely an Evertonian these days?

I am just an Everton fan theses days, Gone are the days (pre premiere league} when every club in the first division had a chance of winning it before the season started. I feel sorry for the fans who have never seen those days when every club could have won everything without todays money. Its only money that created the so called top six.
I don't know who has suffered more since our golden few years in the eighties.
Is it those younger fans if you can call forty somethings young, who with the exception of that welcome blip in 1995 who've seen us win toss all.
Or the old arses who were brought up from the sixties and have witnessed four league championships, three FA cups and a European trophy but seen an almighty fall from grace?
Me personally can only take my hat off to those who haven't seen any silverware but who continue to unconditionally support the team.

I don't know who has suffered more since our golden few years in the eighties.
Is it those younger fans if you can call forty somethings young, who with the exception of that welcome blip in 1995 who've seen us win toss all.
Or the old arses who were brought up from the sixties and have witnessed four league championships, three FA cups and a European trophy but seen an almighty fall from grace?
Me personally can only take my hat off to those who haven't seen any silverware but who continue to unconditionally support the team.
Oi us 40 somethings were around in the mid 80s you know. Wish I'd been old enough to appreciate it more and realise it was never gonna last forever

I'm a football fan only when Everton are doing alright. If we're crap, I lose interest. Don't want to watch teams doing things right when we aren't. If we're doing well I like to watch more of it.

I tend to get too wound up watching the Blues that I rarely watch the whole game, my blood pressure could not take it. I will watch other games, not bothered which level of competition as long as it isn't constant short passing along the back and middle resulting in a chance created every 200 passes. Drives me mental. Similarly frustrating is the failure of the PL to properly manage the competition they are responsible for especially the so-called profit & sustainability rules. Surely it cannot be difficult to come up with a system that punishes clubs that go into administration, fail to pay their staff, or creditors, without negatively affecting everybody else.

Evertonian, although I don't get to games very often. Never wanted to commit to a session ticket as my main hobby is skydiving so I leave my weekends free hoping for decent weather. Will watch Everton matches on tv when I can, or listen to commentary if I'm driving back down the M6. I have really enjoyed watching Welcome to Wrexham and Ted Lasso to get a feel-good version of football-related entertainment, and then bore my wife with my own football stories usually about when my Dad was taking me to games in the mid-80s. Don't even bother with MotD unless there's Everton goals I missed. That, and video updates of the stadium progress. Still a sucker for punishment, coming on here, reading threads and funny comments and occasionally commenting but my overall feeling of being an Evertonian is one of desperation, misplaced hope and disappointment.

Mostly Everton. I’ll watch some football from abroad and lower leagues. I’ve found myself really enjoying the NFL lately and I’ve always liked the NHL as well. For all of the American spectacle that comes with those, at least it’s somewhat of a level playing field.

I love Everton but i despise and detest the sport of football, in it's present day disgusting and corrupt form. So yeah i guess i ain't a football fan anymore.

I find GAA, Aussie Rules Football and Ice Hockey to be more entertaining sports, than football in it's current zombified/corrupt state.

Evertonian...Football is finished now. The so called bigger clubs have got the game by the short and curlies,it isn't a level playing field.
The sooner the likes of the rs, both Manchester clubs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and possibly the geordies as well, bugger off and form their super league the better imo.

Perhaps with the scab elite clubs out of the equation then we might have a more open and more fair and balanced playing field.

Everton only, when I think of how far I have fallen out of love with the game it genuinely saddens me.

I get the prem for free on Czech TV and never watch it. My knowledge of football is mostly garnered from running Everton on Football Manager.

I'm an avid ice hockey fan, that's where my true interest is now.