Are you a still a football fan or solely an Evertonian these days?

Everton make me miserable. There's zero fun in being an Evertonian these days. It's a chore. A legacy from childhood. A toxic relationship that I can't walk away from. I thought I'd fallen out of love with the game but I've seen a few none EPL games recently where I had no vested interest and enjoyed them. Seems like I still enjoy the game.
This is exactly the same for me. Being an evertonian is an entrenched behaviour from childhood, which represented caring giving experiences and shared attention with significant others. Now in adulthood, it is an emotional strain.

Marine on Boxing Day was great

I'm an Evertonian above all else. But I enjoy watching football in general. The premier league and champions league have got way more sterile over the years, so less inclined these days to tune into a random game, would honestly rather watch my nephew's under play in the U9s.

I live in Crosby now so I've been enjoying going to the odd Marine game.

If ever I'm on holiday somewhere I try and see one of the local teams, headed to Bucharest for a City break soon, so will be good to see FCSB, or Steau or Dynamo etc...

Would happily watch games from the following leagues:
-championship
-bundesliga
-la liga
-argentina primera
-brazil series a
-copa libatadores

This year's AFCON was quite good.

Hoping to go to Argentina later this year and see Boca Juniors.

Champions League has died completely now IMO. Probably peaked around Peps Barcelona.

Champo is probably more entertaining than the Prem too.

I'm a football and Everton fan.

I get very little enjoyment from watching Everton but still love watching a good game of football.

The Championship game last Friday between Leeds and Leicester was excellent. Both teams played far better football than Dyches Everton and the game was exciting.

Games in the PL generally speaking leave me cold but I do like watching the likes of Arsenal and City , although increasingly I am becoming bored with City's possession based game . Arsenal play in a similar way but when playing well move the ball quicker.

I tend to watch more German football , I like their balance between retaining the ball and attack.

I genuinely can't watch lower league or women's football as the standard is so poor.

I'm an Evertonian above all else. But I enjoy watching football in general. The premier league and champions league have got way more sterile over the years, so less inclined these days to tune into a random game, would honestly rather watch my nephew's under play in the U9s.

I live in Crosby now so I've been enjoying going to the odd Marine game.

If ever I'm on holiday somewhere I try and see one of the local teams, headed to Bucharest for a City break soon, so will be good to see FCSB, or Steau or Dynamo etc...

Would happily watch games from the following leagues:
-championship
-bundesliga
-la liga
-argentina primera
-brazil series a
-copa libatadores

This year's AFCON was quite good.

Hoping to go to Argentina later this year and see Boca Juniors.
been there, La Bombonera [the chocolate box] is an experience of a lifetime

Everton only, but I've lost interest in a lot of other sports too. Used to watch loads of the Wimbledon tennis, Olympics the TV would be on start to finish, but it's a struggle now. I wonder how many of those who have lost interest are over 50, as it may just be an age thing. I remember my dad lost interest in the 80s, even though we were good, as he thought the game was corrupt, even before the Premier league. The last World Cup nearly finished me off, most teams played the same way (pass it around the back four, bore the opposition to death), particularly Morocco - wasn't it great that an African team got to the semi-finals, not if they play like that- and I was ready to pack in my season ticket. Still think the first season in the new ground could be my last one.

Had me at rugby

Lost me at NFL

Rugby for wimps, anyway I digress Everton fan only and hardly watch other premier league games.

BTW play some NFL with a team called Maidstone Olympians and thought it was pong….can see out of those helmets and the pads are a hindrance.

Rugby way better
I've played both. Liked them both, for different reasons.

From a spectator point of view, both are far better 'products'.

Most people on here are effectively saying they hate footy but it’s never been more popular

It just shows that the “legacy fans” like us aren’t the target audience at all - it’s aimed at picking up non local and new audiences and they obviously think the best way of doing that is getting people to choose one of the sky six
Excellent point, well made.

Everton, what ever league of Ireland I can catch in the states.
If Carsley takes over at Ireland I'll take interest.
But thats about it.
MLS here just feels like exhibition football.
I have no interest in the other PL games. There are no players I tune in to watch.

I’m don’t even like Everton anymore.

Seriously, just Everton now, and that’s because I’ve been indoctrinated since an early age, if I could walk away I would, but I know that will never happen. Sad thing is I’ve got my two kids the same as me know, the poor buggers.

Used to love any football, and watch everything and anything - footy italia, Spanish league, German, even non league stuff.

Just cba with any of it now, particularly with the top divisions - I think it’s been ever so nce VAR was introduce ans totally killed what the game is now.