Are you a still a football fan or solely an Evertonian these days?

Used to watch/listen to every bit of football possible. Nowadays the rigged game that is the EPL has soured it all, so now it's mainly just Everton for me. I try to catch Sportscene if I can, and enjoy the occasional Scottish Championship game when they're live on BBC. Never watch MotD unless we've had a positive result, and even then I fast forward to the very end of the show to catch our 30 seconds. Always found Sky Sports to be relentlessly grim.

I always considered myself a football fan first,then an Evertonian,nowadays such is my utter contempt for all things around the "beautiful" game and I am sure you all know what I am alluding to ,I am just an Evertonian,gone are the days I would watch other games,the commentary "bias"and situations you see occurring on a pitch when you have seen similar at our games with totally different outcomes frankly are exhausting to endure on a weekly basis.It's only the fact I know when I see it with my own eyes how wrong the whole game is from top to bottom and the fact we are still here and "kicking" back at them that keeps me going,it's horrific we have to endure the anti football we are seeing at the minute but if it sees us through to BMD it and Dyche will have served its purpose i guess,and we live in hope of a future once again befitting our wonderful club💙
I’m very much the same as you Dario except I watch the games which concern the teams we are competing with to stay up. I’ve loved watching football all my life but the game that they call football today is a completely different one to the game I started watching all those years ago.

There is no sporting spirit attached to this game they play but it seems to me that the biggest cheat wins the match.———It Stinks.

Last edited:

I always considered myself a football fan first,then an Evertonian,nowadays such is my utter contempt for all things around the "beautiful" game and I am sure you all know what I am alluding to ,I am just an Evertonian,gone are the days I would watch other games,the commentary "bias"and situations you see occurring on a pitch when you have seen similar at our games with totally different outcomes frankly are exhausting to endure on a weekly basis.It's only the fact I know when I see it with my own eyes how wrong the whole game is from top to bottom and the fact we are still here and "kicking" back at them that keeps me going,it's horrific we have to endure the anti football we are seeing at the minute but if it sees us through to BMD it and Dyche will have served its purpose i guess,and we live in hope of a future once again befitting our wonderful club💙
Everton only atm and that's moot sometimes

Will always be an Evertonian but I now just watch Everton and those games where our rivals are playing (hoping for a favourable result).

I'm completely and utterly bored with watching the "big six" dominate our domestic league, cups and European games. I'm tired of those teams being given the benefit of the doubt on key match decisions. VAR and changes to the rules relating to tackles, offside and handballs (where panel "experts" don't understand the rules nor how they are applied) is sucking out all the joy. I now only tune into MOTD when Everton win and the commentary is so often about disputed decision and not about the beauty of the game.

I'll still watch the World Cup avidly but the Euros less so.

I used to have a small bet and watch a lot of domestic and European games but don't any more.

Go all over watching football; it'd genuinely a passion and have done do for 30 years now.

Everton is, and Everton will always be number one. However, its very hard to not feel disillusioned by the powers that may be.

I am always extremely envious of everyone who still has the fire and passion for Everton day in, day out as a combination of deglect and ineptitude by our former late Chairman, current owner and Premier League officials and ultimately the greed and power the top sides have have almost worn me down completely.

Winning trophies was before my time, but the one constant was there was always hope... now? Feels our best bet is a fluke to 8th and a run at the 3rd tier of European competition.

We won't win the league any time soon, the "Big 6" have a stranglehold of all domestic trophies where in the last 10 years only Leicester have prevented them.

Everton is the biggest constant in my life, but hard to get motivated for our ever dwindling success chances.

I'm solely an Evertonian. I don't watch any other football. Vastly prefer rugby and NFL.

Had me at rugby

Lost me at NFL

Rugby for wimps, anyway I digress Everton fan only and hardly watch other premier league games.

BTW play some NFL with a team called Maidstone Olympians and thought it was pong….can see out of those helmets and the pads are a hindrance.

Rugby way better

I absolutely hate modern football. I used to love the sport. I was the type of person who could tell you every single "big game" going on in all four tiers of the football league on any given weekend and pretty much every major league in Europe. But I just can't be bothered anymore. Outside of Everton, I doubt that I'll ever watch a game of togger again. Maybe I'll be in the pub when a random game is going on but I'd never set aside my free time for that. The sport is rotten to the core. Its made for hipster fans who more like coustmers then supporters. I don't want to be the old man shouting at the cloud but it becomes more and more apparent by the day that the sport has past me by. Its more akin to professional wrestling in 2024. Rigged AF, but a good deal less entertaining. I truly don't know if I'll be able to motivate myself to keep going the match after the first season at the new place. Its not like football even makes me angry/upset. It just bores and irritates me beyond belief. 😒

Go all over watching football; it'd genuinely a passion and have done do for 30 years now.

Everton is, and Everton will always be number one. However, its very hard to not feel disillusioned by the powers that may be.

I am always extremely envious of everyone who still has the fire and passion for Everton day in, day out as a combination of deglect and ineptitude by our former late Chairman, current owner and Premier League officials and ultimately the greed and power the top sides have have almost worn me down completely.

Winning trophies was before my time, but the one constant was there was always hope... now? Feels our best bet is a fluke to 8th and a run at the 3rd tier of European competition.

We won't win the league any time soon, the "Big 6" have a stranglehold of all domestic trophies where in the last 10 years only Leicester have prevented them.

Everton is the biggest constant in my life, but hard to get motivated for our ever dwindling success chances.

This really.

I do think the game now is, from my 40 years of watching it at least, the most robotic, dull, and least entertaining it's ever been from a TV viewer POV.

There's still atmosphere at the grounds that hasn't changed (Sheff United away was my last game which was a good day out) but that's due to fans and not the football on the pitch IMO.

Mainly down to the money, TV, technology, machine-like tactics drilled into the players who are controlled by PR, agents, and managers to be a "brand".

It's all just a bit hollow. But I still watch it if it's on. I'm just not engaged with it.