Are you a still a football fan or solely an Evertonian these days?

Watched a YouTube clip of sly sports panel for the derby and it was at our gaff bearing in mind,hosted by Dogleads daughter,Sturridge, Carralaar,Rooney the "token blue",'nuff said really 🙄

Sure I have answered this before. Football fan first. Love grassroots involved in local sides, still play when I can.
Everton are the team I follow, but if I was relying on them to give me a love for football I’d have given up a long time ago. And if I got my football intelligence from just interacting with Everton for 45 years, I d know nothing

I watch England when in world cup or euros. Other than that I don’t watch any games without Everton in. Might watch the odd cup final here and there

Sure I have answered this before. Football fan first. Love grassroots involved in local sides, still play when I can.
Everton are the team I follow, but if I was relying on them to give me a love for football I’d have given up a long time ago. And if I got my football intelligence from just interacting with Everton for 45 years, I d know nothing
It fascinates me the intellectualisation that Sky have tried to do to the simplest of sports and pursuits. I guess if you try to make something appear intellectual it appeals to more people?

Love watching my local semi-pro team with my mates, 6ft from the pitch . Follow my home town team Wrexham if on tv , and of course Everton , which will never change after over 60 odd years. Rarely watch any other football , PL is just a joke .

The Derby win has done a lot of healing for me. I had for a very long time allowed my Evertonionism to mediate my sense of self and self worth. The steady decline in form and the creeping death of bad news about finances, PSR, Russian Oligarchs, selling best players, not replacing best players, Rafael and TV/social media football cringe made for a miserable time. I didn't renew my ST after the Rafael season. I purposefully distanced myself away from Everton and all football, and it really helped to maintain a decent sense of what really matters. Everton doesn't pay my bills or put food on the table, it should be a bit of a laugh and escapism from the harsh realities of life.

Seeing the players run through brickwalls this last two games, especially the Derby, has been like getting the romantic spark back with a long term partner. The pilot light of my rusty old combi boiler is firing bluer than it has for years. Obviously, I shouldn't let a sports team take over my amygdala with total and absolute autonomy, but many of us allow it to, and for the last few days at least, I'm all in.

The Derby win has done a lot of healing for me. I had for a very long time allowed my Evertonionism to mediate my sense of self and self worth. The steady decline in form and the creeping death of bad news about finances, PSR, Russian Oligarchs, selling best players, not replacing best players, Rafael and TV/social media football cringe made for a miserable time. I didn't renew my ST after the Rafael season. I purposefully distanced myself away from Everton and all football, and it really helped to maintain a decent sense of what really matters. Everton doesn't pay my bills or put food on the table, it should be a bit of a laugh and escapism from the harsh realities of life.

Seeing the players run through brickwalls this last two games, especially the Derby, has been like getting the romantic spark back with a long term partner. The pilot light of my rusty old combi boiler is firing bluer than it has for years. Obviously, I shouldn't let a sports team take over my amygdala with total and absolute autonomy, but many of us allow it to, and for the last few days at least, I'm all in.
Bet this has never been referenced before on the GOT forum. Learn something new every day.

Now, how to incorporate this into conversation when in the boozer later without sounding pretentious...'oh, that new barmaid is really revving my amygdala'. Might work.

I find this a bit of a stretch. There have been some outstanding Everton teams during that time and we have had some very gifted players in amongst the gradual decline initiated by Mr.Kenwright. Also, interacting with a top-flight club surely involves interacting with top class opposition: plenty of opportunities for learning in that lot.

Hate PL footy, will probably always love the old Everton, but hate what most clubs have become, including ours. PL footy is just like every other capitalist institution, you either join in or get left behind. I would dearly love the financial arse to fall out of it for selfish reasons, but sadly, when they finally form their super league, the cuckolds at the FA will still let the snidey 6 play their rezzies in whatever is left over.
Love non league now, will probably get a Nantwich Town season ticket next season. Saturday 3pm is where footy should be,