• No lad

• Cheese on toast

• I’m dead angry at a screen.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're all guilty !!

No matter what side of the moshiri kenwright fence your on

We're all guilty of being passionate enough to care ,guilty of following and supporting the club through thick and thin

Were guilty of being stupid and daft because if it was ya Mrs or Mr who puts you through this much stress and disappointment they would be divorced or under the patio !

I really can’t get my head around the idea that fans who spend their hard earned cash, particularly giving the times in which we live, to go to games shouldn’t be allowed to voice their displeasure when they see something they think is wrong. I cannot see how wanting something better than what is being served up is being disloyal. Supporting a football team is about passion, it is about wanting the best for your club, it goes deeper than mere logic. If logic ruled football supporters we all would be Man. City fans, they are the best team so we all support them.
I don’t want some sort of utopian game were we all sit and clap the good bits but remain silent for the bad bits, if that was the case Goodson would be a very quiet stadium.
Fans are the bell weather for their club, if things are going bad they react. Complaining when things are wrong doesn’t make a supporter disloyal, in fact I think it makes him or her more loyal. If football ever gets to the stage we’re fans clap the good things but tut vigorously when they don’t the game will be over as a mass spectator sport. I don’t ever want to see an Everton team capitulating and fans not being angry about it.

To be honest I would say we have one of the eggiest fanbases going, my mates in London who don’t follow football obsessively all have this stereotype in their heads of our fanbase being constantly angry which tbh is quite accurate, that said it’s probably accurate for tons of clubs who have been wank for three decades. The fact that we have stayed in the top flight all this time whilst being wank probably makes it worse though, if we had got relegated 20 years ago and had been mincing about in the lower divisions we would have had all hope battered out of us nice and quick but because we continue to linger in the league like a bad smell we still have false hope which leads to anger when the hope inevitably dies again.

I also reckon part of the stereotype of our fanbase being constantly angry is based on how intense angry scousers sounds relative to just about everyone else… being fumed at by a angry scouser is an experience, an experience a lot of our players seemingly can’t handle.

Anyway that’s enough rambling

Last edited:

If the Park End actually got behind the team rather than shouting bile, drinking Bovril and considering their earnings from their middle class businesses...

... the players may feel loved and inspired.

I think we have to take some share of the blame yes. We laugh at the entitled bellends that support the like of Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool but at least they've actually got something in their recent history to justify those feelings of superiority over others.

How many times do our players get tagged with the comment 'not good enough for Everton Football Club' like we have been producing trophy winning teams for the last three decades and anything less is an insult to our intelligence.

Some players get destroyed by the crowd for being skillful but not hard working enough, some get destroyed for being hard working but not skilled enough. Full backs are moaned at for being able to defend but not get forward, others who can get forward but are dodgy defensively get equally moaned at. The truth is players who are all things to all men are in very short supply and even the very best teams get by with the right mix of players who bring their own particular skills to the party, so why can't we be patient enough to let out players flourish at what they are good at and leave them alone for the other stuff? I am sure the RS know Alexander-Arnold is an atrocious defender but they still love him because he is brilliant going forward.

Worst of all, some players don't even get the benefit of the doubt and are dismissed as not good enough before kicking a ball, El Ghazi seems to be the latest to suffer this one.

I'm sure this stuff goes on at all football clubs but we are definitely amongst the worst for it and Goodison Park's famous intimidating atmosphere probably had more of a negative effect on its own players than the opposition in most games.

We must FLUSH the toxic element out of our fanbase mate, maybe folk will listen to me finally now. Probably not though.
It’s a country that voted Boris Johnson to be PM, you’ve no chance pal.

It’s a broken society.

Evertonians just want to see the odd good game of togger, it’s not a lot to ask.

You can’t blame them for being a bit miffed.

I really can’t get my head around the idea that fans who spend their hard earned cash, particularly giving the times in which we live, to go to games shouldn’t be allowed to voice their displeasure when they see something they think is wrong. I cannot see how wanting something better than what is being served up is being disloyal. Supporting a football team is about passion, it is about wanting the best for your club, it goes deeper than mere logic. If logic ruled football supporters we all would be Man. City fans, they are the best team so we all support them.
I don’t want some sort of utopian game were we all sit and clap the good bits but remain silent for the bad bits, if that was the case Goodson would be a very quiet stadium.
Fans are the bell weather for their club, if things are going bad they react. Complaining when things are wrong doesn’t make a supporter disloyal, in fact I think it makes him or her more loyal. If football ever gets to the stage we’re fans clap the good things but tut vigorously when they don’t the game will be over as a mass spectator sport. I don’t ever want to see an Everton team capitulating and fans not being angry about it.
You need to think of it in a more abstract manner rather than Geordie mate.

I Remember being at Newcastle. Think they were playing chelsea the season they went down with Shearer in charge. It was mix of confusion, divide, quite, silent, acceptance of possible relegation and I mentioned this around october on here. Everton reminds me of newcastle that season. Midtable slide and no fight from anyone to stop it until it's too late.

Goodison need fight, needs noise and hopefully something will click with the fans to create this before it's too late. We cant wait for the players.The players dont seen capable to do it without us.
We've been here before, many times in similar guises.

The fans don't cheer and shout enough - Give us something to cheer and shout about = positive feedback, like Arsenal the other week.
When the fans chear and shout at the start...and they do, then you're a goal down in 90secs - silence = negative feedback.
Then you have
Rondon
Iwobi
only 2 in the middle
zonal marking
cutting your nose of to spite your face/ make an example of Digne.
General divi subs policy
Plus other stuff

I think we have to take some share of the blame yes. We laugh at the entitled bellends that support the like of Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool but at least they've actually got something in their recent history to justify those feelings of superiority over others.

How many times do our players get tagged with the comment 'not good enough for Everton Football Club' like we have been producing trophy winning teams for the last three decades and anything less is an insult to our intelligence.

Some players get destroyed by the crowd for being skillful but not hard working enough, some get destroyed for being hard working but not skilled enough. Full backs are moaned at for being able to defend but not get forward, others who can get forward but are dodgy defensively get equally moaned at. The truth is players who are all things to all men are in very short supply and even the very best teams get by with the right mix of players who bring their own particular skills to the party, so why can't we be patient enough to let out players flourish at what they are good at and leave them alone for the other stuff? I am sure the RS know Alexander-Arnold is an atrocious defender but they still love him because he is brilliant going forward.

Worst of all, some players don't even get the benefit of the doubt and are dismissed as not good enough before kicking a ball, El Ghazi seems to be the latest to suffer this one.

I'm sure this stuff goes on at all football clubs but we are definitely amongst the worst for it and Goodison Park's famous intimidating atmosphere probably had more of a negative effect on its own players than the opposition in most games.
Great post this. Said it better than I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.