Are We Really Moving Forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralphie Boy

Player Valuation: £8m
After yesterdays debacle I thought I would leave toffeeweb alone until I got over the total embarrassment of it all and wait for today, so here goes:

Are we really moving forward? We have a new manager but the style of play has not changed, we are an ageing squad that is unfit and not up to either the pace of the premiership or lacks any passion for Everton.

We have a new majority shareholder but we failed to strengthen the squad and as of yet we have had a publicity stunt for a new stadium, this is never going to happen unless the city of Liverpool wins the commonwealth games and then whilst we have a nice new stadium albeit with a running track.

We had two assets (Stones and Lukaku) of which we have already cashed in on one and will lose the other next summer without champions league football, and at the rate we are escending we will only be able to offer championship football.

So, are we really moving forward?

Guardiola and Mourinho are struggling with City and United respectively after spending just shy of £300 million between them, but we are expecting Koeman to come and turn it around, have us playing fantastic football whilst being solid at the back in the matter of 3 months? He cant work on everything at once.

Im as frustrated as anyone and yesterday was shambolic but we cant realistically judge him until next season when he's had a full pre-season and signed some of his own players to fit the game he wants to play.

last 11 PL games of last season = 9 points
First 11 PL games of this season = 18 points

You do the math.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Wait I've said this all before, oh its another thread.

Very difficult to compare the last 11 games to Koemans first

Martinez had lost the dressing room and the players had all but switched on to holiday mode

You would expect an upturn in results/performance when a new manager comes in wouldn't you? Problem is the performances have been awful by and large

Guardiola and Mourinho are struggling with City and United respectively after spending just shy of £300 million between them, but we are expecting Koeman to come and turn it around, have us playing fantastic football whilst being solid at the back in the matter of 3 months? He cant work on everything at once.

Im as frustrated as anyone and yesterday was shambolic but we cant realistically judge him until next season when he's had a full pre-season and signed some of his own players to fit the game he wants to play.

Fantastic?

Just decent would do to be honest

After yesterdays debacle I thought I would leave toffeeweb alone until I got over the total embarrassment of it all and wait for today, so here goes:

Are we really moving forward? We have a new manager but the style of play has not changed, we are an ageing squad that is unfit and not up to either the pace of the premiership or lacks any passion for Everton.

We have a new majority shareholder but we failed to strengthen the squad and as of yet we have had a publicity stunt for a new stadium, this is never going to happen unless the city of Liverpool wins the commonwealth games and then whilst we have a nice new stadium albeit with a running track.

We had two assets (Stones and Lukaku) of which we have already cashed in on one and will lose the other next summer without champions league football, and at the rate we are escending we will only be able to offer championship football.

So, are we really moving forward?

The style of play is now long ball to Bolasie and Lukaku. The defence had overall improved as Martinez kept players forward whilst Koeman wants them behind the ball leaving huge gaps between midfield and attack in games.

Cant really tell you if we are moving forward unless we get to some form of destination.

Its like asking "are we nearly there yet" before getting to the end of your street.

Very difficult to compare the last 11 games to Koemans first

Martinez had lost the dressing room and the players had all but switched on to holiday mode

You would expect an upturn in results/performance when a new manager comes in wouldn't you? Problem is the performances have been awful by and large
Way too early to judge. He bettered Pochettino at Southampton, despite losing all his players, thats not so easily explained away.

Way too early to judge. He bettered Pochettino at Southampton, despite losing all his players, thats not so easily explained away.

I agree mate 100%

But maybe that was a perfect storm for him, He's had 10 jobs (?) how many has he failed in?

Slowly. We're 6th afterall.

Yesterday was a kick in the teeth. Highlighting just how much work needs doing to that squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.