Confirmed Signing Anwar El Ghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a signing that excites me but then neither did the signing of Gray or Townsend.

A loan that will fill out the squad for the second half of the season and a loan that may allow a player like Iwobi to leave.

No obligation to buy , I don't see a downside.

Not a signing that excites me but then neither did the signing of Gray or Townsend.

A loan that will fill out the squad for the second half of the season and a loan that may allow a player like Iwobi to leave.

No obligation to buy , I don't see a downside.
Yup. Agree. Although if there's one club out there who'd legit honestly be interested in taking Iwobi I'd happily eat my hat...

Nice interview from the kid but it really is a load of crap isn't the questions we churn out to the players like @Bungle said before

1. Do you know Everton history
2. What do you think of Evertons fan base
3. Ask about commitment
4. Go back to playing in front of the fans

Its a complete load of bollocks

Top clubs questions

1. Whats it like signing for League champions
2. Massive squad, how will you earn a start
3. What do you think about the International player they've also signed in your position
4. How many trophies can you win

We've got a knobhead manager, signed by a knobhead owner, whose happy to have a board full of knobheads help him make knobhead decisions and a squad full of knobheads who are probably fit for Burnley but earn treble because our name is Everton and we have knobheads willing to pay the wage.

I hope he does well, I sincerely mean that.

The clubs an utter joke though, he's sidestepping from Villa to Everton. It should be classed as a massive step up but it's just moving from one mediocre club to another for 5 months.

Nice interview from the kid but it really is a load of crap isn't the questions we churn out to the players like @Bungle said before

1. Do you know Everton history
2. What do you think of Evertons fan base
3. Ask about commitment
4. Go back to playing in front of the fans

Its a complete load of bollocks

Top clubs questions

1. Whats it like signing for League champions
2. Massive squad, how will you earn a start
3. What do you think about the International player they've also signed in your position
4. How many trophies can you win

We've got a knobhead manager, signed by a knobhead owner, whose happy to have a board full of knobheads help him make knobhead decisions and a squad full of knobheads who are probably fit for Burnley but earn treble because our name is Everton and we have knobheads willing to pay the wage.

I hope he does well, I sincerely mean that.

The clubs an utter joke though, he's sidestepping from Villa to Everton. It should be classed as a massive step up but it's just moving from one mediocre club to another for 5 months.
not sure you've got enough knobheads in there ?

can't wait til he's done his first photo shoot - i mean, perfectly natural first training session, utterly unaware of the sneaky/well-hidden cloobs photographers whilst he has a big smile on his face giving the thumbs up to Rafael.......

not sure you've got enough knobheads in there ?

can't wait til he's done his first photo shoot - i mean, perfectly natural first training session, utterly unaware of the sneaky/well-hidden cloobs photographers whilst he has a big smile on his face giving the thumbs up to Rafael.......

It's all just proper grim isn't it.

I hope he does well mate. I hope he changes the formation so there's room for rotation in the top 3rd so the likes of him, Gordon, Gray, Townsend all rotate.

But he's entering a proper s**t show currently and he's going to need to hit the ground running to have half a chance of making the 5 months work.

I hope he does, it's great when all the Players contribute.

It's all just proper grim isn't it.

I hope he does well mate. I hope he changes the formation so there's room for rotation in the top 3rd so the likes of him, Gordon, Gray, Townsend all rotate.

But he's entering a proper s**t show currently and he's going to need to hit the ground running to have half a chance of making the 5 months work.

I hope he does, it's great when all the Players contribute.
Maybe it works out, maybe it doesn't. Maybe he'll surprise us all, maybe he'll make 4 appearances totalling 34 minutes. I'd be amazed if pork chop suddenly switches to anything other than his beloved 541 for the rest of the year, let alone for a loan signing he didn't want (by all accounts). Benghazi will either fit it somewhere in that structure or he'll enjoy the bench for 5 months. He still gets paid, we don't get fleeced for £30m. No biggie either way.

Villa fan in peace. There have been some magic moments, and I will never forget the fact that he broke Ramadan fasting for our playoff run, and in an interview beforehand said he hoped his god would forgive him.

Lovely bloke, I hope he does great for you.
Well he's going to have to break it again because these bunch of dossers we have are not going to feed him.

Don’t understand this signing, surely any money we have to spend on wages would be better spent on a midfielder. I know Benitez only plays two in midfield but we still need another one, don’t want to say too much in case Benitez gets to hear about me being critical and he sells me and I end up supporting Ipswich.

Depends what % of his wages we’re covering too of course.

I would try to afford Benitez some good faith and think "well, maybe he wants our wingers to be pacy and incisive like?"

But then i remind myself that there doesn't seem to be much of a plan.

Weird to say it, but apart from flashes with Carlo and Koeman of playing it direct or in the channels, our teams have not had anything close to a recognizable "style" since Martinez' incessant build-from-the-back phenomenal poundland tiki-taka

Status
Not open for further replies.