Confirmed Signing Anwar El Ghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both players have witnessed far more success recently then what most in this Everton squad have done. I'll certainly take that for a start.
I'd rather they were both able to start for us and make an instant impact at a time when we're looking over our shoulders with trepidation. The whole point of a January signing is instant impact. Mykolenko will be forced into that as we've no choice, unless Godfrey goes back to LB, which we may see til he's up to speed. So the OP is correct.

You already know the answer to this question
I'm swept up with all that's going on around the club at this moment in time. It's a maelstrom of despondency, mistrust, and disbelief as to where we find ourselves. No amount of trying to disguise the fact that we're in crisis iscgoing to work.
I'm just buckling myself in my seat for the next four or so months. It's going to be a bumpy ride.

Take the tinted specs off. He's probably right. Worrying times all of this stuff. The two lads brought in have all the potential to be great and hopefully they hit those levels but there's no gaurentees. Patterson can't even get a game at Rangers, I'd be pleasantly surprised if he started games and played well. Mykolenko is less of a worry but the problem is he will prob need the rest of this season to adjust and the pressure on him from the offset is tough as everyone will be comparing him to peak Digne. They're already writing him off. El Ghazi and Longstaff, if we get them, improve our squad maybe but not the first team.
Our first eleven is quite decent with only a gap or two to be filled.
The problem is that after that the quality falls off a cliff.

We had too many first team players injured and just don't have the quality in reserve.
We can't carry the loss of Mina, Doucoure, Richarlison and DCL

Oh ffs ,great endorsement of the two young lads there
Yea, god forbid they prove themselves before their coronation. I think they’ll both turn out to be very good players but expecting them to be difference makers immediately is unfair to both of them given the step up they’re making.

Last edited:

Yeh, but it is possible to deal with those positions separately. You cannot honestly have an issue with a loan signing cos we need a CB? He is adding to the squad not taking from it
Didnt we have the same problem with with Koeman & Walsh buying No10's and not addressing other priorities ?
If they where addresed yeah go for it.

Right Mid , cos thats where he plays is the last thing that needs sorting.

Again ...pointless signing.

Gordon's coming on leaps and bounds. Been our best player over the last 4 games since Townsend has been out, albeit Gray has also played well too. Now Townsend is back Gordon will be back on the bench. If this guy from villa does come here, Gordon will be ranked behind him. Mark my words.
No way Rafael going to drop gordon except may be when injured or for rest. He is one of the rare ones who actually follows Rafael's instructions on the field . Rafael seems really pleased with him and vice versa.

No i hope he starts, don't understand how you cant see its a good deal, let look at some stats, a few like Papa have side its not fair to compre him to Lucas so how about Richarlison who we all love?

Last season

Stats of Anwar El Ghazi
Stats 20/21
Total 20/21: 31 games, 11 goals, 2 assists, 1.872' minutes

Compared to Richarlion: 34 games, 7 Goals, 3 Assists, 2.872' minutes

So less games and minutes then the Brazilian but more goals? Is he a better player then Richy, ok to be fair these are last seasons stats and our manager did a rubbish unprofessional job then, but either way Anwar can play and walks into our team with ease.
How many were pens....

Sadly we have a lot of arl da's in the fanbase who are stuck in their ways and wont give anyone not deemed as good as Sheedy a chance.

A loan deal is no risk imo.

Oh aye

They are only acceptable signings if we still bring in a very good RW.

Neither Iwobi, Townsend or Gray are good enough to be in our starting 11 next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.