2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a complex role fellas but essentially it has the continuity element that all clubs need in place, so as @MikeH72 says, when the manager goes we get continuity but is basically one of the highest positions within the club, often dictating everything from academy set ups, to training and diet to transfers etc etc, used a s a middle man between manager and board to alleviate pressures on manager.

A massive cog in a well oiled machine with many many responsibilities and more important overall to the club than any manager, providing you have the right one in place,

An interesting read mate, thank you for that. Hopefully people can learn something from this.

Would sell Gordon for £60m personally.

I want him sold at that price but I actually don’t think the clowns at the club are organised enough to sell this bloke and bring in a replacement before the deadline. I think they’ve only planned for Gana (nominal fee) and Broja/journey man striker (loan) before the deadline.

Excellent. One of those that is a good move for all parties. The only bad thing is we forked out on McNeil before knowing anyone was going to give us a truck load of money for Gordon.

Get some actual attackers in with end product.
There's also an argument it's a bad move for all parties.

It's bad that we lose a young talent, bad that Chelsea overpay for him, and bad for Gordon that he'll get less game time in which to develop.

No idea what I think, by the way. This whole thing is mad. £60 million, FFS.

Last seasons relegation battle i think makes this decision a lot simpler.

Emotion out of the equation about him being a blue...

This does wonders to our financial situation AND we'll likely see more goals come from his replacement signing(s) - let's face it, his numbers aren't hard to beat.

Plus... I'm sorry but I'm really not convinced that he'll ever become 'prolific'.

I don't care if his great grandad was Dixie Dean... we're looking at the most competitive premier league there's ever been and this team will be able to compete ONLY if we receive that 60m.

SNAP THEIR HANDS OFF BLUES...

When the universe throws you a life line, you better take it!

Yes - the thing is history isn’t always a guide to the future

We were in a similar position to Spurs not long ago - don’t want to be cast adrift. Moshiri needs to make sure of that and step aside if he’s not the owner to deliver it
I just think you're talking about these things about a year or so too late mate

Love @ForeverBlue92 fuming at other people fuming. Also claiming he has no knowledge of what happens in the club but also has a perfect understanding of the dof role. Brilliant reading.

I'm not fuming mate its just tedious reading the same suspects crying and shaking over things they know little about.

Its embarassing man - they talk about patience with the manager then they go and call our new DOF who's working within financial restrictions as not being good enough / a fraud / useless etc not even one summer window in.

An interesting read mate, thank you for that. Hopefully people can learn something from this.

Would sell Gordon for £60m personally.
100% mate, its very good money for the lad.

We need to progress and this would have some influence on how well we can do that, bearing in mind that we need to let Thelwell do their Jobs and Kenwright and Mosh completely butt out of all aspects of anything other than ownership.

Its a good read that article and really shows how far reaching the DoF role is.

It would be a good for @ForeverBlue92 to read it! lol

I'm not fuming mate its just tedious reading the same suspects crying and shaking over things they know little about.

Its embarassing man - they talk about patience with the manager then they go and call our new DOF who's working within financial restrictions as not being good enough / a fraud / useless etc not even one summer window in.
the fume is palpable

Given the situation we are in, we have to accept this money. £60 million for a lad thats had one good season (half a season really), espeically when we need two strikers/forwards. We have kept hold of promising kids before and regretted it. Kenny, Braithwaite among others. Could say what does it say about us as a club? Well it says we aren't stupid.

Gordon, is a good player, but he isn't a Wayne Rooney, who was always going to be world class. He's 21 and still might not be the fantastic player we hoped he would be. Get the FFP off our back and bring in what we need.

Do you really think we shouldn't have had a replacement ready for when Richarlison left ? We new in advance he was going, he had to ffp. Then we also have our only other real forward coming back after nearly a season of injuries, knowing these could happen again, muscle injuries, or that he could get others after his pay off, even towards the end of last year he didn't look right.
I reckon we have always had Broja on loan in mind but were hoping to get to the end of the transfer window before making the move as Chelsea needed to bring in a striker too.

Status
Not open for further replies.