2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which as I've said mate, Dele has now freed up 15m for this seasons accounts minimum even with zero loan fee. That's 15m more on this seasons up front payments effectively. Which is more than we've currently spent on them by about 5m
Technically Dele leaving saves us around 60million.

And you crazy if you think we have only spent 10m so far this window, utterly insane.

I'd imagine most top teams would like him to be honest.

I bet Liverpool wish they could have replaced Mane with him, but that was always a non starter. Instead they end up with a violent thug.

His end product needs work but that aside he's the complete modern day forward. Of course Chelsea want him and Pep would and Conte did.

Like Rooney and Jeffers couldn't move quick enough when a top 4 club came in.
Lets be honest if Chelsea Arsenal or United come in for you who wouldn't want to go and play with world class players? more money and compete for champions league and other honours or sit at Everton for another 20 plus years winning nothing.

And you crazy if you think we have only spent 10m so far this window, utterly insane.
Supposedly - again I don't know for sure - Onana up front payment was £8m(ish) and McNeil was £4.5m(ish)

Guess there'll be a loan fee for Coady, and I guess Gana will be a few mil once that gets done. Vinagre there's no loan fee going off what was reported. Depends what we gave Tarkowski as a sign-on fee too I guess.

Reckon we're looking at £15m up front payments, but of course all the money we have promised will have to be paid eventually.

Lot of talk in here about payment structures for any Gordon fee, any new players and their relevance to accounting and P&S.

Timing of payments is irrelevant. If we sell Gordon who has no book value, the £40m goes straight to this year. Even if Chelsea only pay £20m up front or whatever. Any add ins will definitely not be accounted for until achieved. (Simplifying a bit, but you always account for “likely” bad news, but can only account for “definite” good news. So Chelsea may have to account for Gordon’s add ins when it’s reasonable to assume he’s going to hit them. We will only account for them when he defo hits them).

For players we buy, trying to negotiate small up front payments to help with P&S is not a thing. Buy someone for £50m on a 5 year contract, £10mill goes into each of the 5 years. Plus salary of course.

The only impact payment terms has is on cash flow, which is not “profit”. If we had no cash and could not borrow any more, then yes, getting massive up front payments on Gordon does help. As does small up front payments on hidden gems like Che Adams.

It’s is entirely the media that causes the confusion. Every single article linking us with Cornet said we were getting rejected because we were only offering small up front payments due to our P&S situation. Totally wrong, but was repeated across all major papers, BBC etc. We must be trying to limit cash leaving the club, which is understandable after Covid and Mosh losing his pocket money etc. Every business wants debts paid early but wants to pay suppliers as late as possible. That doesn’t affect your profit, you just have more cash for investment opportunities, unforeseen expenditure etc etc etc etc.

Which as I've said mate, Dele has now freed up 15m for this seasons accounts minimum even with zero loan fee. That's 15m more on this seasons up front payments effectively. Which is more than we've currently spent on them by about 5m

Yes mate, and definitely why he is going. Its more than 50m would help enormously.

Theres a very credible point to say though, that top young players are probably unavailable though.

Supposedly - again I don't know for sure - Onana up front payment was £8m(ish) and McNeil was £4.5m(ish)

Guess there'll be a loan fee for Coady, and I guess Gana will be a few mil once that gets done. Vinagre there's no loan fee going off what was reported. Depends what we gave Tarkowski as a sign-on fee too I guess.

Reckon we're looking at £15m up front payments, but of course all the money we have promised will have to be paid eventually.
It just winds me up, it shouldnt, but everybody talking about up front fees, not a peep will be said next summer about all the payments we will have to make, not a peep this summer on payments we will have had to make for the players signed in the last 2 or 3 years either.

As I say, I should just go about my day and not mention it and no doubt ive highlighted it, it wont get any better but still.

Keep it simple lads, NET spend is the most useless metric in football, well it was, until people turned to down payments, which is even more useless. Unless people can give me a list of the payments, when they are due, what amount, what are the adds, till then, im gonna use NET spend!!!!!!!!!!!

But yes, on top of Agents fees, signing on fees, we have defo spent vastly more than 10million English pounds.

Was responding to someone saying about p&s for this season in costs mate and why selling Gordon helps that - by illustrating that if this session is the one we need to navigate through then dele leaving will massively aid it.

Yeah we have costs outgoing over likely 2 seasons after this from Onana and McNeil too but they are in the next year's and the one Afters p&s which the Gordon sale if it happens won't impact

Lot of talk in here about payment structures for any Gordon fee, any new players and their relevance to accounting and P&S.

Timing of payments is irrelevant. If we sell Gordon who has no book value, the £40m goes straight to this year. Even if Chelsea only pay £20m up front or whatever. Any add ins will definitely not be accounted for until achieved. (Simplifying a bit, but you always account for “likely” bad news, but can only account for “definite” good news. So Chelsea may have to account for Gordon’s add ins when it’s reasonable to assume he’s going to hit them. We will only account for them when he defo hits them).

For players we buy, trying to negotiate small up front payments to help with P&S is not a thing. Buy someone for £50m on a 5 year contract, £10mill goes into each of the 5 years. Plus salary of course.

The only impact payment terms affects is cash flow, which is not “profit”. If we had no cash and could not borrow any more, then yes, getting massive up front payments on Gordon does help. As does small up front payments on hidden gems like Che Adams.

It’s is entirely the media that causes the confusion. Every single article linking us with Cornet said we were getting rejected because we were only offering small up front payments due to our P&S situation. Totally wrong, but was repeated across all major papers, BBC etc. We must be trying to limit cash leaving the club, which is understandable after Covid and Mosh losing his pocket money etc. Every business wants debts paid early but wants to pay suppliers as late as possible. That doesn’t affect your profit, you just have more cash for investment opportunities, unforeseen expenditure etc etc etc etc.
THIS GUY KNOWS

Take notice you down payment cultists.

I wonder about Martinez you know. His comments on Onana, and likely telling him to go to Everton seemed odd.

Obviously discussions were had last spring. You look at time scales, and unless Lampard performs a bit of a miracle, we will be in bother.

Utter madness of course, but between Kenwright, Baxendale and Moshiri what would you expect?
Oh FFS NO
Just no

Not really he looks a top player tracks back and helps his full back out gets forward but doesn't just run until he can shoot or runs into a dead end he tries to bring his team mates into play and crosses the ball. Always going to be hard to replace a player like mane but he's not a serious downgrade and can't really compare him to Gray. So would you just give him the nod over Gray if he played for us?
Of course I would play him over Gray if he played for us. He is better.
He does however overplay it sometimes(like Gray) can be wasteful(like Gray) Does have better players around him to enable better returns.
This all began with a comparison between Gordon and Diaz, and I said he is more like Gray in the sense that sometimes he flatters to deceive but has the occasional worldie. Not everything is Black/White, it doesn't mean I wouldn't want him at Everton or that our player is better or anything like that.
Though he has not impressed for quite some time for us, Gray has looked incredible on the rare occasion, like Diaz(who can also have poor games believe it or not)
So to sum up... I can compare him to Gray even if he is better at the things he is similarly good at and not quite as bad at the things he is similarly bad at. It is after all a comparison between two players who play the same position

if we sell do you have faith we will replace/add?

we still haven’t had a richy replacement

Mate saying no to 4 for Gordon is equally as stupid as paying 27m for bolasie …

Would be proper Everton to spunk money on crap and then to turn down amazing money for someone that is no better than gray

Status
Not open for further replies.