2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree but if we sell him and sign the likes of adams maupay would we be any better off ?
I think we're looking at the likes of Adams and Maupay because we have limited funds.

I think both would improve us because they're strikers and fit a similar profile of good rotation and another option for DCL.

Even if we get £50m in for Gordon, then we could get one of them in still and I wouldn't have an issue. But we'd also have the funds to go and get a very high calibre replacement for Richarlison and Gordon in one player, and probably go and get a replacement for Dele too.

I think we're looking at the likes of Adams and Maupay because we have limited funds.

I think both would improve us because they're strikers and fit a similar profile of good rotation and another option for DCL.

Even if we get £50m in for Gordon, then we could get one of them in still and I wouldn't have an issue. But we'd also have the funds to go and get a very high calibre replacement for Richarlison and Gordon in one player, and probably go and get a replacement for Dele too.
That’s what I hope that with this sale we can jib them off and try get better players in

Because I'm trying to wrap my head around this still I'd like to point out that Nathan Redmond was more productive at age 21 playing for a Norwich team that went down and whose leading scorer was Dieumerci Mbokani and he went to Saints for 10m off of that (would have been more if they were a PL club still but not 50m). Pep loves him too so I guess I can make some sense of it. Still lost.

Because I'm trying to wrap my head around this still I'd like to point out that Nathan Redmond was more productive at age 21 playing for a Norwich team that went down and whose leading scorer was Dieumerci Mbokani and he went to Saints for 10m off of that (would have been more if they were a PL club still but not 50m). Pep loves him too so I guess I can make some sense of it. Still lost.
Maybe it’s not just about stats and watch how he plays

As much as I hate the idea of us selling our better players players coming through, is that not the philisophy the club is adopting?
If it is, Gordon is probably no.1 as far as selling goes.

We need to ensure we get top dollar and hopefully a couple of their players. Has to be on our terms.

We absolutely don't HAVE to sell Gordon.

But if we get an offer of £50m+ the debate is should we, because that money would completely change the landscape for us not just now but also over the next few windows.

I don't think it actually dies change the landscape to any great degree mate.

Assuming a conservative estimate of 40m with 10 in add-ons.

That's 40m added to the plus right now on p&s, anyone we bring in will subtract off that, it effectively allows us an extra 40m over 2-3 seasons (the likely payment structures of deals) whilst needing to replace Gordon - likely with someone on considerably higher wages then he is.

Exactly what is 40m whilst having to replace a key player going to change?

Yes we can offer more up front on deals, we will also likely find an increase in any asking price also.

We've likely backended a lot of the current deals we've made for Onana and McNeil already - the Gordon fee will effectively be part used to offset this.

At best it will allow us to bring in one or two B rate players over C ones, talks of it'll allow us to go buy Terrier and MGW - well that's 65-70m - exactly where in the next 2-3 seasons is that shortfall coming from?

That's fair enough, like I said it was an assumption, so apologies. If you believe everything you hear in a press conference though then fair play!

Look, I trust the people I got that info from. I don't have any contacts for Everton, not really bar the ones well documented that everyone shares on here so I'm not gonna try blag any of that info as behind the scenes stuff, but for this I trust the lads I got it from. They're both journalists, both very good contacts at City.
It was a special press conference to correct false information in the press. The only thing to watch with press releases is being misled by omissions, and dates, timeline for subsequent bids etc. It looked like Chelsea were particularly were particularly quick and aggressive with their bid.

Rejected £45m from Chelsea.

If you believe the reports, AG has rejected a new contract and also stated he won’t sign a new contract.

Seems a tad ungrateful from a self confessed blue who Everton have invested at lot of money and time in, if true of course.

Everton need to sell and want £50m.

Status
Not open for further replies.