2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's from Matt Law btw mate. So it'll all be from the Chelsea side.

Everyone just take a step back here, it's business, and if Everton get £50m+ for this lad it's absolutely brilliant business.

I have no problem with the lad wanting to go. It's his career.

But obviously the money has to be right and I think we're going to get there eventually.

This stuff about relationship with the fans is a bit silly though. Players come and go. If he leaves on Friday, then he won't be on our minds at 3 o clock on Saturday afternoon.

This does wind me up with modern footballers to be fair.

If you want to go then fine, I don't take it personally and I get it because we are crap. But why do players not have the guts to put the request in formally and be open about it.

Footballers come and go. If Gordon goes then good luck to him.

Someone mentioned previously on here that it's about contract stipulations, as in there's language in contracts that affects bonuses, payouts if an official transfer request is put in. Not sure how common that is, though. Could just be about whether it goes viral - we have to remember that all these players are also constantly online reading about football. But agreed that it's annoying.

I know nothing about his tactics here, but if he's simply hunting for an amicable departure then let's get top dollar for him and get him on his way with our thanks.

He’s an asset which we are trading for a high price

Good luck to him

Not arsed one bit as long as we have a replacement lined up that the manager wants
Tbh mate main thing shouldn't be the manager. It should be the DoF and the club as a whole that has a plan for him.

Lampard could get sacked by Xmas. I mean I hope he doesn't and don't want him to but the importance is everybody being on the same page.

The manager probably really wants Billy Gilmour...

I have no problem with the lad wanting to go. It's his career.

But obviously the money has to be right and I think we're going to get there eventually.

This stuff about relationship with the fans is a bit silly though. Players come and go. If he leaves on Friday, then he won't be on our minds at 3 o clock on Saturday afternoon.

He's what 21 and he's not even had a proper season with us.

We will move on to Stanley Mills before the end of November

Just imagine (god forbid) AG suffered a season ending injury at the weekend, would take him months to get back up to his best & by that time his current contract would be coming to an end, be no sell on value, this is why WE HAVE to take 50 M cut & run, great business for all??

This does wind me up with modern footballers to be fair.

If you want to go then fine, I don't take it personally and I get it because we are crap. But why do players not have the guts to put the request in formally and be open about it.

Footballers come and go. If Gordon goes then good luck to him.

That's a load of nonsense, he's told the club he doesn't want to go. They should release a statement, the kid is devastated by the abuse on social media and doesn't want to fall out with the fans.

Bye Gordon you will not be missed.
Imposter rat

Attachments

• 5319C3E4-10FA-4E43-9918-471895367944.jpeg
    5319C3E4-10FA-4E43-9918-471895367944.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 77

Status
Not open for further replies.