2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if you've been watching what's happening mate, it's quite clear. We have sold Richarlison, and will sell Gordon.

A bit like selling Rodwell, Stones, Barkley, Jeffers, Ball, Rooney etc as young players.

This is not some out their conspiracy. The conspiracy is not acknowledging we sell our best young players at a young age.
So do Dortmund. Real is the only place I can think of that can stockpile youth.

Tell you what is mad about the inequality in thr EPL is that Chelsea can spend that much on a player they won't even play this season to sit on their bench and won't bat an eye lid. While he is a starter for us and we are scratching around to sign one forward.
They have the commercial revenue. While Farhad sat with his thumb up his ass putting all his eggs in the Uzzy cash basket.

The lad is on 10k a week. We have probably offered him 60 to 70k. He will get double that at Chelsea. We will get a good fee. The lad was on loan at Preston 2 seasons ago and not exactly ripping it up there. He has come on a lot but as a club we should cash in asap.
He has shown nothing to make him worth 60-70k a week. We totally need to grab the pure profit here.

Right now Gordon is probably one of the first names on our team sheet, if not the first name on the team sheet. And he’s probably got a decade (at least!) left at the highest level.
That speaks to how weak our squad is up top, not how good Gordon is. We should snap of any hand offering more than 30, as thats amazing money and profit for someone who runs around a lot for 60minutes before running out of gas. Hes like Delboy if Delboy couldnt cross or pass a ball.

I am probably in the minority but think should keep Gordon for one more season anyway. 1 We have little players who good attackers left in squad and people want to sell another attacker. 2 not a lot of time in the window to get attacking players we need if we sell be like dad on Xmas eve going around shops desperate to buy presents at last minute. 3 do u trust the board to get the players we need with the money received I don't. 4 probably get similar money next summer if not more and give transfer team time to organise how to spend the money best. 5 if sell now who is left to get funds in next summer kean and pickford, better to sell next summer so have funds in next summer kitty already have richarlison money this summer and haven't bought a striker with it.

All very logical mate, of course you are entitled to that opinion.

However up to line two of my post saw us in a relegation battle last season.

Now we have sold Richarlison and in the process of Gordon. What do we expect to happen, get better?

We’ve systemically stripped the club of any creativity, threat, expansive play and guile. A clear trend from window to window.

Whats left?

I mean what do people expect to happen next, that’s going to improve us. Do people really believe we’re going to build a whole new front line better then any of the above in the last two weeks of the window…it’s not happening.

If you were told after Palace we’d have sold Richarlison and Gordon, with two weeks go in the transfer window with no direct replacements and DCL out till Oct - would people have been over joyed or think that was positive - yet somehow in peoples minds they can rationalise this as a positive somehow, your post a case a point, I don’t mean that as a personal slight, but it’s also like a mental defence mechanism - to the sheer lunacy.

Weve played two games and haven’t looked like scoring by anything else only a fluke, we were poor up top last season and poorer now - yet people think these deals are too good to turn down - bananas.

Even take the narrative we are 'rebuilding'.

Let's look at the business.

Coadey and Vinagre are both loans so unlikely given our finances either will be turned into a permanent deal.

So we have added a 29yo Tarkowski.
A 22yo McNeil who has zero end product and frankly is slow as f.
We have added 21yo Onana - who looks potentially very good.

We have sold 25yo Richarlison psst seasons top scorer
We have sold 21yo Gordon. Last seasons player of the season.

We are weaker now than last season, and we are losing the players who can make impacts and change games in exchange for 6-7/10 players.

We had 4 sellable assets by seasons end, Richy - sold, Gordon - sold, DCL - injured (but remember the background links with a move to the barcodes - have to suspect that was groundwork being laid for him 'asjing to leave'.
And Pickford - new contract but a keeper so no real demand for him atm.

We're selling two and would have sold a third this summer if healthy I believe of the 4 sellable assets we had.

Clap.
Clap.
Clap.

Your’e not breaking new ground there mate.

What are you saying, we are better team (ignoring the relegation battle &. the fact we can’t score a goals in ayear) after selling Jamo, Digne, Richarlison…….because if not you are putting one big dollop of a leap faith in a hit and hope in reinvesting funds in two weeks to build a front line that currently has 0 creativity after this sale and 0 goal scoring threat.

In the last two windows we sold every player with guile, creativity and threat and gotten worse and just avoided relegation ……it’s not even a debate point - I mean we literally lived through it. So here we again doing the same thing, 0 lessons learned. What do we think is going to happen? We survived by luck last year, now we are selling two of our best and most creating players, are we expecting to somehow magically improve.

The window is at its end point now, it’s a limited market, every team is going to screw us, while we have to build a whole new forward line on 45 mill - peanuts when you are looking for attacking players of any passable quality. Your trust in reinvesting in that context I believe is naïve and misplaced. (Again no offence intended).

Again, what to people think is going to happen.……we literally just survived relegation.

We survived because we had a few players who managed to drag a result out in crucial games, we have sold two of those.

How's the clapping acoustics in BMD sound when it's half empty when Sunderland are visiting on a Saturday avvie

If we sell Gordon it's because we can bring anyone in before he goes,which basically means they have lied about strengthening in the remaining window and it was entirely dependant on selling Gordon.

Don't be shocked if Lampard walks if he's sold and the money does an Arteta.

Think Lampard knew Richy was likely to go, think he was given promises on Gordon and DCL staying

Status
Not open for further replies.