2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we in some sort of announcement stand off with Newcastle? Nothing on Dyche from us and nothing in Gordon from then, even though everyone’s literally seen his signing photo. Weird.

But Gordon has succeeded here. Hes got a great move, and gone from a lad who couldnt get in at Preston, to a lucrative move.

There arent many teams where you go from a championship loan, to a be a regular starter and get a huge move, in 18 months.
Great move ? Debatable but time will tell I suppose. From his point of view a much bigger wage packet which I’m delighted we aren’t paying him!

Regular starter? Hardly a regular starter this season, even after being given the 10 shirt, and christened Gordon - two things which did him no favours here! Whether he’ll be a regular starter for that lot is also by no means certain!

Great move ? Debatable but time will tell I suppose. From his point of view a much bigger wage packet which I’m delighted we aren’t paying him!

Regular starter? Hardly a regular starter this season, even after being given the 10 shirt, and christened Gordon - two things which did him no favours here! Whether he’ll be a regular starter for that lot is also by no means certain!
I'm guessing you didn't realise that when you type Gordon that there is a setting in here that changes Gordon to Gordon. So even though you were referring to Gordon as Gordon it actually comes out as Gordon. They did it with another player years ago but can't remember who it was. All I remember is it would change to his name whenever you typed steaming pile of dog Nyarko. Oh - that's who it was.

What i dont get about this whole thing g is why Newcastle fans are making out like they've got one over on us and have bought our "best player".

When literally every evertonian is made up to see the back of him and cant believe we got £45m for him.

The delusion is strong in that fanbase.
I would go as far as to say he's been our worst this season and that's some achievement.

I think to some degree its quibbling things that I would probably agree to, but the big point is that the club did well for Anthony Gordon.

Of course theres better moves, and also the fact he could have started more games, but he has been given great exposure over the last 18 months.

Anthony Gordon has joined Newcastle United for an undisclosed fee.

The 21-year-old forward leaves Everton after having submitted a formal transfer request.

Gordon joined the Club’s Academy at the age of 11 and made his senior debut as a 16-year-old in a Europa League tie in December 2017. He went on to make 78 First-Team appearances, scoring seven goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.