2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed and I must stress I fully agree.

Ultimately as a fan, the only one single thing I can do to impact anything in the tiniest way imaginable is make my voice heard & I would much rather try and use it to positively influence a result than negatively.

I personally believe that abusing, shouting, booing, chasing, heckling, our players in any way is a net negative to the football team and our performances in the run in, and since, in my opinion prove my point.

I’m obviously not going to influence millions of Everton fans to change their behaviour but it’s painful, very painful, that imo we are by far the most impactful fanbase in the country in a negative way, to our football club.

Ex Man Utd legends begging their fanbase to stop bullying their Club captain.

Arsenal's captain was in tears/swearing at his own fans he was terrored that much.

Chelsea are the absolute worst.

For some reason, fans have to try and find a reason why an academy lad would want off.

It's easy - we're crap.

A lot of the time it's an ego thing too - players have been at a club (any club) since being a kid. First time a club comes along their heads can be turned/new challenge.

Arsenal's captain was swearing at his own fans.

For some reason, fans have to try and find a reason why an academy lad would want off.

It's easy - we're crap.

If he puts in a transfer request the week after he’s just been legged down Goodison Road, with the entire stadium screaming ‘you’re not fit to wear the shirt’ at him and we’re just gonna disregard it then I don’t know what to say.

Arsenal's captain was in tears/swearing at his own fans he was terrored that much.

It's easy - we're crap.
Everton fans are by some distance the worst. Get out this Geordie echo chamber. We’re horrible.

That's why so many of these crabs we've sold or released on frees have gone on to win trophies with other clubs isn't it?

Oh wait, hardly any of them have because they were all absolutely dire and it's nothing to do with the fans.

People get extremely precious about the local lads receiving any form of criticism at all. It was exactly the same with Barkley, I remember merely suggesting that he was an average Premier League midfielder and not the second coming of Gerrard and Lampard when he was here and got absolutely pounced on by most of the forum. People posting all sorts of stats suggesting he was better than them at the same age, heaping ridiculous amounts of expectancy and pressure on him to be something he was never going to be. Turns out he was an average Premier League midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.