2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the first thing we do post Lampard is legging Anthony Gordon then it doesn't take a genius to work out who was the main driving force behind turning Chelsea's advances down in the summer.

Lampard must surely have regrets about that. Gordon has replayed his faith absolutely abysmally this season.

We were the most important part of us staying up and it makes it so much more annoying that we’re now acting like this, when we’ve shown how we can act if we need to.

You mean the welcoming they got for recent home games,.with the flares and welcoming the coach? And they followed it up by putting in more horrible performances.

The fans aren't the problem Mr moshiri it's the board right down to the players.

I'm not convinced you know - I think that Newcastle have been surprisingly sensible and clever with their spending, and this might match they approach to the manager, and I have af feeling they might stick with Howe for 2-3 seasons, if they stay top 7-8.
Then they might upgrade when they can't go any further with him.

They are doing well, better than I thought they would but I just think they will want a 'bigger name' if the future, especially if they want to attract a certain type of player. I'm sure their owners will want some big names at some point

I know the majority of our squad are pure nobeads mate.

Agreed and I must stress I fully agree.

Ultimately as a fan, the only one single thing I can do to impact anything in the tiniest way imaginable is make my voice heard & I would much rather try and use it to positively influence a result than negatively.

I personally believe that abusing, shouting, booing, chasing, heckling, our players in any way is a net negative to the football team and our performances in the run in, and since, in my opinion prove my point.

I’m obviously not going to influence millions of Everton fans to change their behaviour but it’s painful, very painful, that imo we are by far the most impactful fanbase in the country in a negative way, to our football club.

Yeah I don't know why everyone is just assuming that they'll keep up their current pace from now on. I guess it's their unlimited budget. But if they start buying players like Gordon that won't help. They're guaranteed to have a wobble at some point. Could be next season, but Howe was never meant as a long term manager there. He's certainly doing his best to change that at the moment, though.

Yeah I have no idea about their squad, but it seems like he will good a good one for their English quota when it starts to matter.

He'll probably do fine for a bit, but that's probably it. I don't think he'll be awful, I don't think he'll be great

Status
Not open for further replies.