2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looked terrified in the video where ‘fans’ were screaming at him and blocking him from leaving Goodison. I would want to leave too, if i were him. Pro footballer or not, hes still a kid and didnt deserve that.
If we get a good money for him, i see no issue with him going somewhere else.
You can scream on me all you want for 10k a week. If he can't cope with this kind of attention he should go to the job center and start applying to proper jobs

He's got the perfect Barnet for Newcastle..
Wor canny barnet

images.jpg
34400.jpg
brian-kilcline-newcastle-united-nufc-1120.jpg

Probably all part of the negotiations. Aren’t players entitled to a small percentage of the transfer fee if they haven’t requested to leave? This probably helps us get the maximum fee we can.
I imagine it would depend on their contracts, doubt its something inserted in every contract we make with a player, specially not our own academy prospects. Im talking out my crack tho, have no actual insight to what his contract contains or not.

Ah yes once again it’s the fan’s fault. Why not reframe it that people are delighted that a knobhead with an attitude problem who’s got less than 10 goal involvements in his career is leaving, for big money and all.

I agree with you, I don’t rate him at all.

But he got chased down Goodison road by a load of nutters regardless.

Pretending that didn’t happen is stupid.

Ah yes once again it’s the fan’s fault. Why not reframe it that people are delighted that a knobhead with an attitude problem who’s got less than 10 goal involvements in his career is leaving, for big money and all.
Good point to remember and I’m not condoning what happened outside of the ground with fans and the players cars but there’s two issues with this club:

The ineptitude of the disaster of a board
The application and performance of the players

The players, some of which have been under several of the managers we have seen come and go over the years, do have to look in the mirror in all this. Gordon included.

Good move for all parties but that money coming in won’t make a difference in the reality of this situation

He wanted out before the video of fans having a pop at him mate.
True, but he didnt try to push a move by not showing up for training. Either way, the potential income from selling him is more valuable than he is, so its a no brainer.
You can scream on me all you want for 10k a week. If he can't cope with this kind of attention he should go to the job center and start applying to proper jobs
Me too, but im 34 and not worried about a bunch of kids going after me. If I was in Ants shoes, im certain i would feel very differantly about it. Not excusing him ditching training etc, if thats whats going on, its unacceptable, but id be lying if i said i didnt understand why he would want to leave the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.