2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

This one? If those fans could stop and think for a while, they should ask themselves if they feel he’ll be committed more after that, than before.

I suspect not. There’s a fine balance between challenging poor performances and getting behind them; alienating the players isn’t going to help.

It doesnt help but at a certain point, enough is enough. If your old enough to get paid millions, your are also old enough to take a little bit of abuse.

This one? If those fans could stop and think for a while, they should ask themselves if they feel he’ll be committed more after that, than before.

I suspect not. There’s a fine balance between challenging poor performances and getting behind them; alienating the players isn’t going to help.

Wasn’t this one

He is talented. But indoor soccer should be his game. Football on a big pitch is to complicated for him.
I am not his biggest fan, he cannot turn when back to the opposition goal and is poor at delivering the ball into the box. That foul today showed he possesses no football intelligence as it was blatant and obviously in a dangerous position

Whatever you think about his performances hurling abuse at a 21 year old kid isn't right and is counter productive. Heard the voices saying "he's laughing" but I'm very sure it's from bemusement rather than enjoying the situation.
You are still a kid at 21 in Liverpool? I know people that have a family and are working 60 hours a week without being paid millions at 21.

And there we have it….people will look at that video and think the Boards absence today was well justified. Unfortunately every fan base has its passionate but unintelligent supporters. For the protest against the board to work there has to be an element of PR and sensationalist videos like this that go viral, undermine the genuine reasons for the protest which result in garnering little sympathy from the media

They should also ask themselves if he did stop what exactly are they going to say to him? Hey lad why did you give that foul away, they are idiots. I’m confused is the anger at the board that has to go or the players?

Very limited vocabulary on the part of these little urchins

You are still a kid at 21 in Liverpool? I know people that have a family and are working 60 hours a week without being paid millions at 21.
Me too. Doesn't make Anthony any more equipped to deal with a baying mob. If your point is that he'll get over it, then you're probably right. But its not helpful. For anything.

Those dickheads have justified the boards statement.

Well done lads
Well, I don't think it does. What they've done to Gordon there isn't right at all, but while menacing, their actions are not threatening in a criminal sense.

Or at least, they weren't there, which you may say is because of security and the police being there. For me, the board should still have been there today.

Status
Not open for further replies.