2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody should expect a 21 year old to be running games but I don’t think many people are to be honest. It would be nice if he could maintain a good level for 90 minutes fairly regularly and if he showed more than the odd flash of real quality.
Yes if he’s going to move to the next level he first needs consistency in his performances or he will just become one of those frustrating players who looks great for a game or 2 then goes missing for a few

Maybe we could have a separate thread for all the players where anybody who thinks the player is MEGA TOP TOP WORLD CLASS or RUBBISH STEALING A LIVING can post in those, and the normal threads can just amble along with tea and crumpets, love and patience for everybody. Threads can be combined after two seasons of undeniable amazingness or scheisse-ness

He’s a kid, hype around him he can’t control, same as Onana or any other youngster his game will be up and down. If you set a fair expectation of him this season of contributing reasonably well I’d say he is doing fine against that. As a young player you also want to see progress at some point, for me it’s best judged at end of each season as they all jump up levels at different times. So long as he is doing the “contributing reasonably well” part in the meantime then I think we should be happy with that. Maybe that’s all he will ever do, and stays here for life, and that’s also fine.

Never forget that we were once offered serious money for this guy.

It was like 2 weeks ago and the only Everton news in the media.

I can't quite believe there are people advocating for him to be sold?! He's the nearest thing to a Brain/Brian* since the lad that spent his best years at United and then came back. Not saying about ability but a fulcrum or focus for the whole club, but there is buckets of ability and He's still a YOUNG LAD!!! Only 22 in 5 months so 3/4 years to get his head down and get tuck in to learning his trade. Let's all get behind this young Bluenose that is one of us, but slightly better.

Happy Days then really. If he does hit the heights we all win, if not the smugness may kill several people.
Yes i would love to be totally wrong on Gordon.

What i see now is someone who is on the level Demari Gray who we paid 1.7mil for.
Yes Gordon has youth on his side but Gray is an example of someone who has progressed with age and i fear Gordon will be the same.

He needs to improve every single aspect of his game apart from his workrate, but workrate is talent.

Yes i would love to be totally wrong on Gordon.

What i see now is someone who is on the level Demari Gray who we paid 1.7mil for.
Yes Gordon has youth on his side but Gray is an example of someone who has progressed with age and i fear Gordon will be the same.

He needs to improve every single aspect of his game apart from his workrate, but workrate is talent.
Toss of a coin really isn't it and the worst part is that we get so invested with no effect on the outcome of if he ends as a Legend or a rich little brat flouncing around!

Reactions: JLW

Status
Not open for further replies.