2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get a young scouse lad who’s apparently a blue breaking into the team and them jibbing Everton off after a season. If that report is true.

Seen it so many times though haven't we? Not just Everton either.

This is a lad who was banging on Ancelotti's door to play - he'll think he's good enough for Chelsea/Champions League/England and the move helps all that.

Fair enough I know in a short career I’d be looking to earn as much as possible and also try and win something and play alongside Sterling or Gray?
I don't reckon I would. I would be rocking up at all kinds of obscure clubs every season whilst seeing the world.

Whilst also being utterly brilliant of course.

Personal terms all agreed. Gordon wants the move and agent has told Everton he wants to go to Chelsea. No transfer request has currently been submitted to the club.

Chelsea are currently in talks with us over a deal worth 60m including all add ons. Everton trying to get their ‘ducks in order’ before sanctioning any agreement.

That’s the state of play ??‍♂️

Guff source.

Sounds like a 12 year old wrote that.
Thats just a fan unhappy that his club are willing to pay upto 60mil for a lad probably worth half that. ( he mentions that too)

I don’t get a young scouse lad who’s apparently a blue breaking into the team and them jibbing Everton off after a season. If that report is true.
It must be difficult for young lads having to deal with some of our fans. Our players probably expect that they might be liked but then face reality and get roared at and booed at the match and go online and see non stop abuse and the kind of support that sees some grown men screaming at a computer screen, purple in the face with veins bulging out of their forehead shouting "SELL HIM"!

I think AG is great and has been a model pro, worked hard, refused to buckle last season when many of our senior pros had thrown the towel in - young Anthony fought to keep our Everton in the Premier League. The reaction he gets for this must be confusing and disappointing.

I wish we could keep our better players and shift some of our fanbase. Just my opinion but there it is.

If you read this, Anthony, you have my sincerest thanks and I wish you well in the next chapter of your life. UTFT! ?

I don't reckon I would. I would be rocking up at all kinds of obscure clubs every season whilst seeing the world.

Whilst also being utterly brilliant of course.
Brilliant if you could be paid well to do it why not, I’ve known professional athletes that don’t even enjoy what they do but it’s the only legal thing that would allow them to see that kind of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.