2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
He does put in effort, no one can fault his running ability. But with a ball at his feet I’m not sure he’s shown he’s all that and at this level and his age he needs to be showing more, just little flashes of brilliance would be a start but it’s very predictable. Yes, we could wait until he realises his potential but that doesn’t win games now and after last season I’d rather have some inclination as to what he brings to the team in an actual attacking sense other than pace and as an outlet. He’s a professional footballer so he’s clearly very good at football, but we can’t keep lashing him on the pitch in the hope he might realise his potential at some point, or we will end up getting turned over every game and in the same position as last season. I think we would all jump at the chance to play for Everton, doesn’t mean we should so that doesn’t count for much as an argument imo. That front three that started the first two games are not what we need, not just Gordon but while he is still that kid with ‘potential’ I think we should cash in before he ends up another Davies, a lad that didn’t live up to the hype.
Everyone has their price I agree.
I just think that two games into the season and without him having a proper cf to feed it’s a bit early to form a firm opinion of him. Richarlison at his age scored 5 goals in the league.

And I agree those type of transactions do happen.

Not the ones a lot will refer to as “swapping Broja & Gallagher for Gordon” though, in its literal sense…

Informally something may happen though. Like they agree to pay 50m for Gordon if we would pay 30m for Gallacher.

Almost hope he does go and ends up being boss

A certain section of our fan base needs to learn a lesson here, painful though such a lesson will be for the rest of us
I hope ge stays for the record

But Everton fans are not too quick to criticise. It happens at every club and we massively overrate our players. We give players far too long to prove their worth far too often. After 30 years of crap we need to be far more ruthless and start making early decisions when players don't perform. If we had ambition thos squad would have been overhauled years ago

Last years Player's Player of the Year. And we are looking at selling him and our top scorer in the same window. And we can't buy a goal at the moment. Just relegate the club ffs!!!! Shouts of get rid coz he's played out of position in the first two games only as a result of the ineptitude of the board. Lunacy. We'll never move forward if this is the thinking. Keep and develop.

I hope ge stays for the record

But Everton fans are not too quick to criticise. It happens at every club and we massively overrate our players. We give players far too long to prove their worth far too often. After 30 years of crap we need to be far more ruthless and start making early decisions when players don't perform.

We absolutely are quick to criticise and definitely worse than other clubs

No other fan base would be rushing Gordon out the door like this

It's insane

We absolutely are quick to criticise and definitely worse than other clubs

No other fan base would be rushing Gordon out the door like this

It's insane
I dont see it at all. We keep young players often till their mid 20s before getting rid even though we've known for years they would never make it.

If you want to play for Everton then perform well or you'll be scrutinised. Thats the way it has to be if you want accountability.

Our young players have struggled mostly. Thats why few of them get regular game time

Status
Not open for further replies.