2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get people who think his value might increase by next year, or 2024 based on having a "good season". How on earth is he going to look the part when he's playing in a team alongside National League standard Demarai Gray and no striker, and with no creativity in midfield to support his attacks? I am 100% convinced this is the highest offer he'll ever have in his career and it's a deal we simply have to make happen. I'll be utterly disgusted at the club, the position it is in, if they reject this offer. £50m, if reinvested properly, gets us three quality players.
I think there is a general unwillingness to admit just how much higher these bids are, than his current or realistic future value.

I don't hate the kid in the least. He gives everything for the team and has little bits of quality here and there, but he is a £20m player, maybe £25-£30m with the English tax. We're talking doubling what any of us (if we're honest) could have expected to get for him before we'd ever heard a bid was made. There isn't a player in our squad I wouldn't want us to sell if we got a bid of ~200% of their value.

Whether people like this aspect of the game or not, we ARE a selling club and a huge part of us realising any ambition we have on the pitch is making the most money we can off it. I know it is hard to trust this club to reinvest properly, but we seem to be a little more sensible now in our approach to incomings than at any point in the last few years.

I don't get people who think his value might increase by next year, or 2024 based on having a "good season". How on earth is he going to look the part when he's playing in a team alongside National League standard Demarai Gray and no striker, and with no creativity in midfield to support his attacks? I am 100% convinced this is the highest offer he'll ever have in his career and it's a deal we simply have to make happen. I'll be utterly disgusted at the club, the position it is in, if they reject this offer. £50m, if reinvested properly, gets us three quality players.
His value will depreciate if he stays and fails to progress quickly from this point on, adding assists and goals to his game. He’s now been valued as a 50m quid player based on still being a prospect and he will now be judged as a 50m player buy us fans and by clubs in the future. I think a lot will lose patience very quickly if he stayed and he didn’t improve immediately, given we could have sold him for more than he has proven he is worth at this point in his career and added to a couple of players.

His value will depreciate if he stays and fails to progress quickly from this point on, adding assists and goals to his game. He’s now been valued as a 50m quid player based on still being a prospect and he will now be judged as a 50m player buy us fans and by clubs in the future. I think a lot will lose patience very quickly if he stayed and he didn’t improve immediately, given we could have sold him for more than he has proven he is worth at this point in his career and added to a couple of players.

100%

Only takes a season to go from hero to zero.

Look at Dom. 20 goals, England international on minute touted at £60+ million...injuries now made him nowhere near that and possibly put club's off

Anyone accepting less than the market value as set by the Grealish transfer is either daft, a wum or something much much worse.

GONDOR.PNG

He may well go on to be an amazing player. But he won't do that in our side at the moment.
This is a complete rebuild of the club. Not just the 1st team
He isn't going to get the world class players here, who will help him develop.

For me. Get the deal done. £45m+ or whatever it is will help build a better team. Ask them to throw in say Broja or Gallagher on a loan and obligation. May as well try our luck (Kean money will pay some of that for that next year).
Or just buy one outright and get the other on loan. Cause, being honest neither of them will get a luck in at Chelsea, long term.
I would be amazed if Broja isn't in the discussion.

I imagine Iwobi goes back up top to replace Gordon, once Gana comes in.

To be honest, mate, I couldn't care less who the engineers of the deal are, if we manage to mug Chelsea for £50m for him. If AG wants the move and we get £50m, great. If he had nothing to do with it but the club are pushing him out, and we get £50m: great.
Gordon is the future of the club. Why sell him?

I dont expect people who are desperate to sell Gordon to believe it. I'm not saying it's believable. Just putting one out there to stand alongside all the "I know the lads agent and he's bought a house for Gordon in London" stuff.

The reality is this though: Everton are past masters at throwing a young player under the bus and getting a sale as well as absolving themselves of ANY responsibility.

Anyone contesting that hasn't been paying attention.
As they should be doing.

It's about the club, not the player. It has to be.

I'd be very disappointed if he goes. It seems quite simple to me, if you want to improve, you don't let your best players leave. Given our recruitment record its more likely that we will spend the money badly and we end up in more of a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.