2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Simms not be recalled? I’ve no idea how loans work.
Typically, as I understand it, loan players can be recalled if there is an agreed upon 'recall clause' in the deal but only during an active transfer window. It's not typically the norm for such clauses in loan deals (or at least, youth loan) and it would be highly unusual for a player to be loaned out and recalled a few weeks later.

What the hell is this about? Salah joined Liverpool aged 25, he'd got double figures in the league twice (14 goals and 15 goals in Serie A.)

I'm sure there's plenty of other examples. Stop acting like every decent striker ever,was smashing them in season after season before they reached the age of 25.
Literally did not say any such thing, maybe tone down the hyperbole and fictional interpretations if you want to be taken seriously. My point was that if we -or FL- are putting all our eggs in the basket of an injury prone player whose briefly best spell was ~2 seasons ago, and is arguably a one-dimensional striker, is not not exactly a recipe for success. DCL is good but not great. We're better with him but no top team was falling over themselves to sign him this summer, so lets not pretend otherwise.

Looked at last 3 posts. He’s a fan of Hudson Odoi and Iwobi. But not Gordon.

Not you? Right..
Believe it or not outside of the UK footballing philosophy bubble there are a lot of people who hold similar views to me. That's why I'm so shocked sometimes when I say something that gets a lot of pushback, because circles exist where these things are just accepted.

Believe it or not outside of the UK footballing philosophy bubble there are a lot of people who hold similar views to me. That's why I'm so shocked sometimes when I say something that gets a lot of pushback, because circles exist where these things are just accepted.

It’s not you. I get you ?

Gordon wanting to stay or go is the only thing that decides this possible transfer, that's the bottom line, not £40m or £50m or potential incomings.

However, for the sake of devil's advocate, as much as he'll develop playing every week here, would it be more than going to work every day under an elite level coach like Tuchel and surrounded by top talent like Mount and Havertz and Kante and James etc instead of Davies and Gbamin and Rondon...?
Yes - but I think the conventional wisdom now is ideally play as many matches as you can in the early 20s - hence young players going out on loan or some like Lukaku and Richarlison coming to Everton then moving on. Everton is actually an ideal club for that sort of thing and have a good track record in the area - Stones, Fellaini, Barkley also got the big moves

Could be wrong but Gordon doesn’t seem to be at the level yet to deliver in a title aspiring team

I think this would likely be a no if it wasn’t for the fact that we badly need strikers - Chelsea happen to have some of the few decent ones who are surplus to requirements but seeing what they can get in exchange

The current squad looks like a reasonable chance of being relegated. If we lost Gordon but gained Broja and Batshuayi then a better chance of staying up

Hopefully good striker options can be found elsewhere also

Status
Not open for further replies.