2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
He made 40 appearances in all competitions. In fact he almost played as many minutes as Richarlison. He was a vital, first team player and very important for us. I really like him and hope he stays, I will be surprised if he does leave, it could only be a bad sign for the club.

If he has to go, he has to go. If we get a good offer, we should move people on.

I still don’t get why people think he’s amazing I think he’s a good player but that’s about it he should be a squad player at best if we want to do anything

He's so bad a top 4 team want him, as they can see if they wait a few years they'll have to pay upwards of 50 mil.

So they're trying to get him on the cheap now
Spurs tried to get Grealish on the cheap for something like 20-25m. 2 years later city paid 100m I’m not suggesting we would receive a fee like that for him, but his importance to us at the moment is far more than Spurs are willing to pay.

Not sure how accurate the web sites with player salaries are but they seem to suggest that Gordon gets about £10k per week. I would imagine he would be on significantly more if he went to Spurs?

Not sure how accurate the web sites with player salaries are but they seem to suggest that Gordon gets about £10k per week. I would imagine he would be on significantly more if he went to Spurs?
That’s a championship salary

Why would anyone consider selling an upcoming homegrown talent? If we want to improve, he is the type of player we need to grow as a team. Someone to show what it means to come through the ranks and play for Everton. He is a blue through & through. Surely this is just paper talk???

The Athletic says a figure of around 40m being turned away.

I'd imagine it's not all up front, but if Spurs are opening up with that, and they improve it, or another side comes in and improves it a bit, we will have to think very closely about that.

Every player has a price, but surely it would have to be a ridiculous amount, not just for the fact he is a good prospect, but you would be selling the family jewels, there’s hardly a queue of youngsters breaking into the first team.

Like others have said it’s really not the time to be selling Gordon. There’s no real pressure to sell him as richarlison will leave leaving us under no real pressure to sell him aswell plus he’s not going to throw in a transfer request or anything.

It would be more the message it sends out if we did sell him. I personally wouldn’t be interested in how much we’d get for him, it would be the message it’s sending to fans, manager and other clubs. He’s who we have to build round for the next 2-3 years, not cashing in after 1 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.